Question on the game

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

kingstuart444

Question on the game

Post by kingstuart444 »

Wondering about Warsaw to Paris
DC is on sale . Is this a good entry to the series, not looking for something very complex and difficult.
Thanks
budd

RE: Question on the game

Post by budd »

Hello,
that's a difficult question to answer not knowing your experience with these types of games. At the current price point for older DC games there a steal in my opinion as long as your interested is these types of games. all Vic's[the developer] games build upon previous releases with features. DCWTP is my current favorite even though it's the first DC game, but the brand new DC Ardennes may over take that. To me DCWTP is fun from both sides and pretty well balanced in the campaigns in the game. There are a bit clicky and the UI is older but it's worth the effort to me. My advice is to watch youtube videos to see if its up your alley. if they are go buy the whole bundle they currently have on sale, think it's like $68 for all the games including the new one.
Here's a video series on DCWTP https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... iv3oCW7n-4

All Vic's games are well supported by him. He also has done Shadow Empire and Advanced Tactics Gold, also good games.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Can't help but second what budd writes :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
kingstuart444

Post by kingstuart444 »

Thank you, I will check that out.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”