How requisition points management works

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and to share your design work.
steeljackal

How requisition points management works

Post by steeljackal »

Hi to all.

I need to understand how the requisition points assignment mechanism works to make custom operation but mostly to apply it as a home rule to a tabletop wargame in an operation / campaign perspective.

Let's say I have three maps and 4-5 days, one side attack and one side defend scenario.
How are points awarded each battle day?
I know there are points that are awarded to both sides when entering a new map, points that are awarded to each side each day, and points that are awarded to each side based on the outcome of the battle.
Anyone know better how it works?
Maybe this is a question for modder?
SteveMcClaire

RE: How requisition points management works

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Daily requisition points are awarded every day/battle.

Map requisition points can be set via the 'Map Data' in the battle maker. They are awarded the first time you fight on a map.

These points are adjusted for the game difficulty setting (Recruit gets more points, Hero gets less.) This is a linear adjustment based on how far the setting is from the middle. In a single player game the player's side gets a small penalty on points while the AI side gets a small bonus (the equivalent of adjusting the difficulty one notch 'more difficult' for the player and 'less difficult' for the AI side.)

The game then makes a balancing adjustment based on starting forces + points the side has gotten so far, to come up with an expected force ratio. If this ratio is different than expected (i.e. Axis 'should' have more points but Allies actually have more) then the weaker side will be given some bonus points based on how big the difference actually is.

CSO_Talorgan

RE: How requisition points management works

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: steeljackal

to apply it as a home rule to a tabletop wargame in an operation / campaign perspective

Are you using another game as a campaign manager?

Return to “Scenario Design and Editing”