Help Wanted

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

GaryChildress

Help Wanted

Post by GaryChildress »

When Lion of Judah showed me the improved graphics he made using my original images, it gave me an idea that could help me finish my project. As it stands now my project is so large that I feel overwhelmed by it. It involves creating an incredibly large catalogue of subformation graphics for ATG.

I can churn out subformation graphics pretty quickly and I love making them, experimenting with colors and combinations of props and so forth. The part that I don't like is the Photoshoping part (I use PaintShop Pro for that). Photoshoping is the bottleneck in my production right now because there are some touch-ups that I need to make such as eliminating some stray lines that are showing up in my renders and resizing the graphics to make them more crisp and so forth.

If someone would volunteer to photoshop, edit, resize, and do some finishing touches on the graphics I turn out I will be eternally grateful and I will email them to you as I make them. Once I turn out the graphics, you will have free license to edit them to your personal desire and post them in the forum under your name.

As I say, I will produce and send you the graphics that will need to be resized and touched up in several places and any other fancy touches you can think of adding. And then you will also do the posting and showing them off in the forum. You'll also be responsible for assembling them in zip packages or what not in order for people to be able to download them.

Would anyone(s) be interested in the project?
Darthrafael

Re: Help Wanted

Post by Darthrafael »

Could you perhaps provide like... an example of a 'raw' image as you'd make one, and what kind of tweaks you'd want to see made to it? Part of what you're asking for sounds like something I could help with, but other parts I'm not so sure about; so if you could provide an example of what you'd provide and what you'd want done with it, I can give a better answer as to whether or not I'd be able to help out with this project, and perhaps make an attempt to make the requested changes so you can give your opinion as well..
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Darthrafael wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:59 am Could you perhaps provide like... an example of a 'raw' image as you'd make one, and what kind of tweaks you'd want to see made to it? Part of what you're asking for sounds like something I could help with, but other parts I'm not so sure about; so if you could provide an example of what you'd provide and what you'd want done with it, I can give a better answer as to whether or not I'd be able to help out with this project, and perhaps make an attempt to make the requested changes so you can give your opinion as well..
So here are some of my latest images. They're composed of two main groups:

1. Soldiers I've rendered:
AFRICAN-1920.png
AFRICAN-1920.png (39.84 KiB) Viewed 168 times
2. Weapons I've rendered to go with them:
WW1 RIFLES.png
WW1 RIFLES.png (24.96 KiB) Viewed 168 times
3. And finally, this is what I'm trying to do--match the weapons up with the soldiers. It's a kind of modular system:
AFRICAN-1920.png
AFRICAN-1920.png (44.81 KiB) Viewed 168 times
I also have a spreadsheet (I'll post a pic below as I can't attach any more pics to this post). The spreadsheet has a matrix of rifles paired up with soldier graphics. The graphics themselves are spread out over 4 increments: 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950. My idea is to create a continuous chain of graphics along with their upgrades for anyone to utilize how they want.

However, I'll also give you free license to fix the graphics up however looks good to you. Just have fun with them and see if you can make some aesthetically pleasing subformation graphics.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

This is the spreadsheet I've made up based on what research I've been able to do on infantry rifles and who used what out of what rifles I have available to use as props in my renders.

There are 14 peoples and each people would have a different graphic for each of the 4 time periods. So that's 56 subformation graphics for now. (More will be on the way eventually such as Marines, special forces, etc.)
spreadsheet.png
spreadsheet.png (26.58 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Last edited by GaryChildress on Sun May 05, 2024 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

As far as the photoshop tweaks, I may discontinue the track I was on previously to do my subformation graphics this way instead. Using this method I don't get the imperfections that I was getting using a different rendering method for my previous graphics. So there might not be much in the way of photoshoping, unless you want to try your hand at editing or designing the subformation graphics.
lion_of_judah

Post by lion_of_judah »

GaryChildress wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:43 pm
Darthrafael wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:59 am Could you perhaps provide like... an example of a 'raw' image as you'd make one, and what kind of tweaks you'd want to see made to it? Part of what you're asking for sounds like something I could help with, but other parts I'm not so sure about; so if you could provide an example of what you'd provide and what you'd want done with it, I can give a better answer as to whether or not I'd be able to help out with this project, and perhaps make an attempt to make the requested changes so you can give your opinion as well..
So here are some of my latest images. They're composed of two main groups:

1. Soldiers I've rendered:
AFRICAN-1920.png

2. Weapons I've rendered to go with them:
WW1 RIFLES.png

3. And finally, this is what I'm trying to do--match the weapons up with the soldiers. It's a kind of modular system:
AFRICAN-1920.png

I also have a spreadsheet (I'll post a pic below as I can't attach any more pics to this post). The spreadsheet has a matrix of rifles paired up with soldier graphics. The graphics themselves are spread out over 4 increments: 1920, 1930, 1940, 1950. My idea is to create a continuous chain of graphics along with their upgrades for anyone to utilize how they want.

However, I'll also give you free license to fix the graphics up however looks good to you. Just have fun with them and see if you can make some aesthetically pleasing subformation graphics.

These are truly awesome looking!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”