Tutorial: Simple scenario creation 101

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
pvthudson01

RE: Tutorial: Simple scenario creation 101

Post by pvthudson01 »

wait you can import actual maps? thats awesome!
Matrix Member since 2003!
Vic

RE: Tutorial: Simple scenario creation 101

Post by Vic »

yeah and since beta patch v2.03 you can even retain imported maps in play mode.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Adam Rinkleff

RE: Tutorial: Simple scenario creation

Post by Adam Rinkleff »

ORIGINAL: Vic

Then we go to the peoples subscreen by clicking on People button (a). We then select the existing Universals people and change that peoples name to "Dutch" (c).

Then we add a people by pressing the add button (d). And set the name of that people to "German".
Most importantly we have to set the german peoplegroup to "German" too. dont forget to do that.

I can't complete this step. None of the buttons are visible in the people screen and I can't edit any of the names or do anything here. I've tried restarting the program and loading a new scenario, but its still not editable. I've tried loading other scenarios as well, I don't see any way to edit the peoples data. When I hover the mouse over the name, it says "click to change", but I can click all day and nothing will change.
Vic

Post by Vic »

you have to turn off the masterfile.

go to settings.

click masterfile

you get a popup now.

now press cancel.

this will have removed the masterfile.

people editing will now be available.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Adam Rinkleff

Post by Adam Rinkleff »

Deleted. I figured it out.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

This tutorial seems to have been written for AT and not ATG. The screens are not the same.

Is there a possibility that someone will do a tutorial for ATG and not just repost an old one that no longer shows the correct method for creating scenarios?

As you figured out in AT putting an editor in a game, with no instructions on how to use it, is a waste of time for everyone included. The same holds true with ATG. The editor seems to have been changed substantially but there are again no instructions on how to use it. Or if there are they aren't readily accessible to the average gamer.

Good Hunting.

MR
Attachments
SettingsPage.jpg
SettingsPage.jpg (97.45 KiB) Viewed 994 times
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
CSO_Talorgan

Post by CSO_Talorgan »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Is there a possibility that someone will do a tutorial for ATG and not just repost an old one that no longer shows the correct method for creating scenarios?

As you figured out in AT putting an editor in a game, with no instructions on how to use it, is a waste of time for everyone included. The same holds true with ATG. The editor seems to have been changed substantially but there are again no instructions on how to use it. Or if there are they aren't readily accessible to the average gamer.

I am afraid that I must agree with Mad Russian on this one.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Vic

We do this by going to the peoples subscreen again (a), then selecting a people(b) and setting its production if owned by its own peoplegroup to 0.25 instead of 1.

One other thing thats odd for this scenario is that the range of aircraft is only 10 hex. which in real life scale is really small. So we will make a quick event that will set the range of aircraft a bit further.

I guess this tutorial was first created for AT vanilla. In ATG it appears that there are three additional production modifier buttons. in the "Peoples" screen called: "ProdMod2", "ProdMod3" and "ProdMod4". Does anyone happen to know what these additional production modifiers do? [&:]

Thanks.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Yes, they are related to item types. If you for instance have an itemtype: 2, then it will use prodmod: 2. And so on. Prodmod 0 and 1, are the same, so itemtype: 1 and 0 are the same. You set item types in the item submenu.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Good to know. Thanks. [:)]
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I know I am late to the party but this is an awesome tutorial.
Especially dipping into the event for airplane movement, excellent - broke my fear of setting events.
NEWBIE GUIDE Distant Worlds Universe
http://tinyurl.com/k3frrle

War in the Pacific Poradnik po Polsku
http://tinyurl.com/nxd4cesh

INSTALL WITPAE on modern PC
https://tinyurl.com/l5kr6rl

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”