EIA v1.26.02 Beta Hotfix #2 Available

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

pzgndr

Re: EIA v1.26.02 Beta Hotfix #2 Available

Post by pzgndr »

roos wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm East Galizia does not get added to Poland when created by Austria.
OK, for kingdom creation I assume. Can you subsequently add it separately? I could use a save. There may be a database problem with the province, and either I fix that or hardwire an exception into the code. Good catch.

UPDATE. I just ran a test case as Prussia and Austria, creating an alliance. During the March 1805 economic phase, Prussia created Poland and then ceded Poland to Austria. Austria then selected West Galacia and clicked the Create Kingdom button. Both East Galacia and West Galacia were added to the kingdom of Poland. So I think the database is fine? Perhaps your game had Austria controlling enough Poland provinces to create the kingdom itself and that's where East Galacia was not added. Did you try selecting East Galacia again and clicking the Creat Kingdom button and it still failed to add? I could use a save of that to see what might be the issue.
Poland.jpg
Poland.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 241 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

FYI, I have been working on a new version v1.26.03. I started playtesting 1812 through 1814 and saw too many AI behavior issues to work on for just another hotfix. I have playtested 1812 through 1814 three (3!) times this week, progressively adjusting and re-adjusting AI behaviors. Another confirmatory playtest is in order before I swing back to playtest 1805 for a few years of the war. Perhaps a couple of playtests. It may be later next week or the following week before this new version is ready for posting.

I will say that a bit of time was spent reviewing how the AI handles denying separate peace and requesting/rejecting informal peace. AI builds got another facelift to account for every dollar and man available during the economic phase after I noticed an odd loss of funds. And placing new units and leaders also got some attention. It never really ends...
Bill Macon
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Progress continues on v1.26.03. Sometimes it feels like two steps forward and one step back. My latest frustration has been with besieged garrisons not foraging properly. I've been running that one down for the past two days. We'll get there. Next week is a new week. After 5 playtests of 1812/1813, I'm ready to verify 1805 with latest adjustments. I'll get this out when it's ready.
Bill Macon

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”