Ground unit hostilities

All discussions & material related to Command's Lua interface

Moderators: angster, RoryAndersonCDT, michaelm75au, MOD_Command

gesch80550

Ground unit hostilities

Post by gesch80550 »

I am having trouble with an amphibious assault scenario I am building. I have almost figured out how to script the cargo missions to land the troops (they are partially working, so that is good enough for now), but I can't get the troops to fight. I have landed friendly troops near the hostile troops (they should be in range of Hostile units), but nothing happens - neither side attacks the other and I can't seem to figure out why. If I manually tell one of the units to engage a target, it will fire and destroy the target unit, but nothing happens unless I intervene. If it was an Air Patrol and hostile aircraft came in range, they would automatically engage each other, right?

So, I thought about trying a Land Patrol with those units, but they still didn't seem to do anything. I feel like there is something obvious that I am missing here, but I can't seem to find anything. Any suggestions of things to try...either in the script or manually in the UI to see the fight begin? Has anyone else run into this where the units will not engage each other?

This may not be a Lua scripting thing, but since I am creating the mission through script, I figured this is a good starting place for my question.
TBLackey

Re: Ground unit hostilities

Post by TBLackey »

Maybe check the WRA for the weapons you are using? Specifically the Automatic Firing Range.

Also, do a Manual Engage Target (Shift + F1) on the enemy and post the screenshot of the popup window.
andytm956

Re: Ground unit hostilities

Post by andytm956 »

Set up a landing zone to get the marines ashore a cargo zone. Then setup a beach head zone patrol asuw (ground). Set the beach head zone to activate once the first wave lands they will move forward to the beach head zone and engage based on the rule of engagemnt yo have assigned to the beach head zone. Look at Blue v Red Inasion taiwan, to see how i set it up there. Open with edit not play.

Return to “Lua Legion”