Red Tide - Scenarios #1 and #2

A new DLC from Command Modern Operations, recreates a "what if" conflict between NATO and Communist powers; a theoretical sequel of the "Northern Inferno 1975"
Roby7979

Red Tide - Scenarios #1 and #2

Post by Roby7979 »

Scenario 1 - The Bedford Incident

NATO vs. Soviet Union

Date/Time: 1st April, 1985/ 08:00:00 Zulu
Duration: 1 Day

Playable Sides: NATO

USS Bedford is on patrol near the Svalbard Islands and has been repeatedly over flown by Soviet Aircraft including low level passes at main deck level.

Bedford has also had fleeting contacts on sonar which is believed to be an unknown Submarine in territorial waters.

Even though Hostilities have not broken out her Captain is hell bent on bringing it to the surface or worse!

OVERVIEW

The increase in tensions between NATO and the Soviet Union has intensified over the last 2 weeks, this has been more so in the Barents Sea region with various intermittent contacts of submarines along the Norwegian coast.

USS Bedford, HNoMS Narvik and a detachment of Orions based in Banak have been conducting round the clock patrols in the vicinity of Svalbard Islands.

ORDERS & CONDUCT OF OPERATIONS

1. USS Bedford and associated air assets are to conduct aggressive ASW Patrols in their allocated areas.

2. Any Submarine contact is to be forced to the surface if detected in the Svalbard Islands TTW.

3. Units are to only fire in self defence.

4. Soviet MRR Aircraft have been deployed to Greem Bell, Intelligence suggests the Submarine is onroute to RV with a Submarine Support Ship.

Attachments
f1.jpg
f1.jpg (766.91 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Roby7979

RE: Red Tide - Scenarios #1 and #2

Post by Roby7979 »

Scenario 2 - Kobayashi Maru

Soviet Union vs. NATO

Date/Time: 1st April, 1985/ 08:00:00 Zulu
Duration: 10 Hours

Playable Sides: Soviet Union

Soviet doctrine called for an all-out attack on any American Carrier Battle Group (CVBG) within reach in the first minutes of a conflict. Not only were CVBGs powerful naval forces, but strategic nuclear strike platforms as well.

To accomplish this goal, American Carriers were always followed from the moment they left port, either with Satellites, Destroyers or Intelligence ships (AGI) would follow the carrier battle group wherever it went, always reporting the CVBG’s position.

If peace suddenly changed to war, the units following the CVBG would give the other attacking forces the position of the Carrier.

With this in mind an agreement was formulated called the “Incidents at Sea Agreement” between the USA and the Soviet Union hostile acts include not only firing weapons but locking a fire control radar onto another vessel.

ORDERS & CONDUCT OF OPERATIONS

Since the "Bump and Grinds" in the Black Sea between US and Soviet Naval units last month NATO has increasingly become more aggressive in their operations.

Over recent weeks units of the Black Sea Fleet have deployed to the Mediterranean including a "Goodwill Deployment" of a Regiment Su-17 Fitter Attack Aircraft.

The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVBG has been conducting ASW Exercises with Italian units around the Island of Malta, these units have constantly harassed our peaceful AGI's by trying to ram them on many occasions.

The Destroyer Nadezhnyy [Mod Kashin] has been in the forefront of these acts sustaining minor damage in one incident.

Adm Mikhailovich Kalinin in Head Quarters in Sevastopol has now issued Orders to the Fleet to patrol areas to counter any threats by NATO.

Even though Hostilities have not broken out Rear Adm Vladimir Kalabin of the 5th Eskadra stands ready to turn the Mediterranean Sea in to a Sea of Blood.

Attachments
f2.jpg
f2.jpg (826.14 KiB) Viewed 800 times
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

So, what happened to Red Tide? No release and no explanation. Am pretty sure that the announcements on the Press Release thread have vanished as well. Wonder if there were copyright issues with the scenarios titled The Bedford Incident and or Kobayashi Maru? If there are just technical issues, why not an admission? Scenario building can be (very) complex and schedules might easily slip but silence as to what the delay is might be construed as there maybe something else going on.

Come on Matrix, enquiring minds want to know. My credit card is getting impatient.

-C
BobTank63

Post by BobTank63 »

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

So, what happened to Red Tide? No release and no explanation. Am pretty sure that the announcements on the Press Release thread have vanished as well. Wonder if there were copyright issues with the scenarios titled The Bedford Incident and or Kobayashi Maru? If there are just technical issues, why not an admission? Scenario building can be (very) complex and schedules might easily slip but silence as to what the delay is might be construed as there maybe something else going on.

Come on Matrix, enquiring minds want to know. My credit card is getting impatient.

-C
They said it will release on October 21st, right?
Randomizer

Post by Randomizer »

They said it will release on October 21st, right?
Of course... D'oh, calendar dyslexia is a horrible affliction and offer a dozen or so mea culpas and accept the ridicule of my peers. Cheers.

-C
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

Ah so THAT's what happened to that Bedford Incident scenario I playtested last year. I think I still have that beta file. Can't wait for the Final version!!!

Here's some development history: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... d&#4882872

I hope there isn't any copyright issues, Columbia Pictures and CBS would have to be real assholes to go after the Command Devs for those two titles, especially since the references are 56 and 39 years old respectively.
SunlitZelkova

Post by SunlitZelkova »

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

Ah so THAT's what happened to that Bedford Incident scenario I playtested last year. I think I still have that beta file. Can't wait for the Final version!!!

Here's some development history: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... ord�

I hope there isn't any copyright issues, Columbia Pictures and CBS would have to be real assholes to go after the Command Devs for those two titles, especially since the references are 56 and 39 years old respectively.

Toho, which is notoriously stingy over Godzilla rights, either has not noticed or has not taken action against the fact that Godzilla is still in the most recent version of the CMANO Cold War DB, so hopefully it will be fine.

Maybe the DOD/MOD(s, of different countries)/and so on of different countries regard CMO and WarfareSims to be a vital resource and will have their intelligence agencies work to protect them lol.
Formerly known as Project2035, TyeeBanzai, and FlyForLenin
AndrewNguyen1984

Post by AndrewNguyen1984 »

ORIGINAL: SunlitZelkova

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

Here's some development history: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.a ... ord�

Toho, which is notoriously stingy over Godzilla rights, either has not noticed or has not taken action against the fact that Godzilla is still in the most recent version of the CMANO Cold War DB, so hopefully it will be fine.

Maybe the DOD/MOD(s, of different countries)/and so on of different countries regard CMO and WarfareSims to be a vital resource and will have their intelligence agencies work to protect them lol.

I hope so too....(goes to pray).

Return to “Command: Red Tide”