Axis units not spawing from Reserve - Custom Scenario

Post new scenarios and mods here to share with other gamers.

Moderator: Joel Billings

noaboatx

Axis units not spawing from Reserve - Custom Scenario

Post by noaboatx »

Hello! I am currently attempting to mod in a Ukraine 2022 custom scenario, but am having an issue where the units from the axis reserve, and the units I have set on delay to arrive are not arriving on map. There is no issue on the soviet side with units being able to spawn on map from reserves, so I am really at a loss as to the cause of the issue. Has anyone else encountered similar? I will link my scenario file so you can see the issue; this goes in the dat/scen folder. Thanks.
Attachments
Ukraine 2022.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
Wiedrock

Re: Axis units not spawing from Reserve - Custom Scenario

Post by Wiedrock »

I can't access the game currently, so only some hints I can give.
I guess you have limited the accessible area of the Map to be Ukraine only?
Two things I could think off, having not ceated small scenarios myself:
  • Reserve Arrival happens to a "Reserve arrival Hex", this can only be set to a Hex of the own Faction. Eventually you need to make one Hex German Nationality (not controlled, but actually German/Axis), then set this Hex to be the Reserve Arrival Hex.
  • Have you set up an on Map NSS already?
noaboatx

Post by noaboatx »

Yes, I have made all the hexes of ukraine Axis controlled, additionally, I included in the on map area areas in poland and even berlin, yet was still unable to make the units spawn on map. I do not know what a map NSS is. Could you elaborate as to what that is?

I should also specify that I set the locations of the brigades in the map area, set to spawn with a delay for some, as seen in photo. Still wont show up in map, despite when I advance to that turn the units showing up in the unit ledger as appearing on the map, It doesnt spawn on the map.
noaboatx

Post by noaboatx »

The only semi-fix I can think of is having the not yet deployed divisions frozen on map like how the Hungarian divisions are in the 1941 campaign. This however is not ideal obviously.
Last edited by noaboatx on Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zorroot

Post by zorroot »

NSS = National Supply Source
In WITE2 each player needs at least one NSS. Without an NSS, you cant supply your troops. If you have more than one NSS per player, each NSS must have a valid connection to each NSS. Otherwise the specific NSS will not work properly.

I had a short look at your scenario. Here are my observations:
1. Ukraine has one NSS: Kiev.
2. Berlin is accessible but is NOT a NSS. Press N to easily check for NSSs. Each NSS will have a star. All none NSS depots will have a symbol of a steam locomotive.
3. According to the supply report, Ukraine has 3 NSSs: Kiev, Galati (Moldavia, but marked as german territory) and Baku. A russian city supplying Ukraine troops ? I am sorry, but there is something very wrong with your supply structure !
4. By pressing '8', you can check the supply routes. When doing so, the Ukrainian supply routes show some weird lines. These lines do not end at a depot, airfield, unit, city, fortified zone, fortified city hex or port. Thats strange. Please check !
5. According to the reinforcement schedule, 38th marine brigade should arrive at hex 216, 199 in turn 2. It did appear in turn 2 and was properly moving.
6. Using the Scenario Check Utiliy brings up thousands of errors. Some hundreds units name are duplicate for example. Please fix these errors !

If you need further assistance, I suggest this:
- To test your scenario, set the turn where all reserves should appear on the map to 2 or 3. This makes testing a lot easier. Make a list of which unit does appear properly and which unit does not.
- When using the old or the new editor, please be aware that you are unable to change all data. Some data will only be changeable when you export the data to a csv file, edit the file and re-import the data from the csv file. According to my knowledge, movepoints is that kind of data.
- According to my knowledge, you are allowed to set the arrival field of each unit seperately. Only if you do not supply an arrival hex, the default arrival hex will be used. So please try to set individual arrival hexes.
- Compare the data of your scenario with existing scenarios from Matrix. Only compare csv files, not the limited data in the editors !

Kind Regards,
Oliver
Wiedrock

Post by Wiedrock »

zorroot wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:15 am When using the old or the new editor, please be aware that you are unable to change all data. Some data will only be changeable when you export the data to a csv file, edit the file and re-import the data from the csv file. According to my knowledge, movepoints is that kind of data.
Try this two methods.
top one is in the Commanders Report, the bottom one is in the Editor "Unit" tab.
Attachments
MP edit.png
MP edit.png (180.02 KiB) Viewed 277 times
Wiedrock

Post by Wiedrock »

I wonder how one would achieve modding Russian Logistics to only reach 100miles and then all supply suddenly stops. :)

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”