PBEM Error

Campaign Series: Vietnam is a new turn-based, tactical/operational war game that focuses on the Indochina War, Vietnam Civil War and the first years of US involvement in Vietnam with over 100 historical scenarios.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Makaan

PBEM Error

Post by Makaan »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else on here has experienced errors with custom scenarios in PBEM. I am able to play custom PBEM scenarios with myself, but my opponent always ends up getting an error.

The first error reads:
2024-02-20 07:02:49 vnengine.exe: [ERROR ID 1000] (modemm.cpp, line 3828, ModemMenu::EmailBattleStart()) saves\pbemail.yyy file data error, at or before line 14

The second error reads:
2024-02-20 07:02:17 vnengine.exe: [ERROR ID 100] (forces.cpp, line 1875, Forces::ReadHeader()) map_file scenarios\main1.map not found

I have tried to build scenarios from the ground up 4 separate times now and these errors still occur. I have also followed the Campaign Series YouTube channel's PBEM scenario creator guide and still end up with these errors. My opponent never receives errors when I use pre-made scenarios.

It should be noted that I didn't do any scripting with any of these scenarios, these are just simple and basic scenarios.

Is there any fix for this? As I am completely out of ideas here.

Thank you
Jason Petho

Re: PBEM Error

Post by Jason Petho »

Have you sent all the files to your opponent?

It is essential that your opponent has all the same files that you used to make the scenario.

The error that indicates that it can't find the map file , for example, indicates to me he doesn't have the proper files, or didn't put them in the right place.

Return to “Campaign Series: Vietnam”