A couple of questions

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
VonWulfen

A couple of questions

Post by VonWulfen »

Hi all.
This is my first CC game and I have a few questions.
Can you switch between ammo types such as HE & AT etc?
My mortars, vehicles and some panzergrenadier seem to have a mix of ammo types but I can find a way to make them use specific types.
Could anyone recommend a good guide to the campaign map game-play and force allocation etc?
I'm good to go with combat but really struggling to understand the above aspects.
Cheers :)
‘Be so good as to call me an elephant,’
Stephen Maturin
CGGrognard

RE: A couple of questions

Post by CGGrognard »

Hi VonWulfen,

The unit will determine the appropriate type of ammo based on the target. So if you target a tank, the unit will load AP, unless it already had HE loaded. In this situation, the unit will fire off the round at the target, then load the appropriate shell type.
Your AT teams are most effective at shorter ranges. The range line will help you determine the effective range for the panzergrenadiers. However, the quality of your units will affect their accuracy. In my experience, it's best to keep AT teams on ambush and protect them with infantry.
It's been a while since playing PitF, but I recommend using armor as infantry support on most of the maps. Panthers are prone to immobilization when traversing brush and wooded areas. Try to keep them on roads, trails or stable ground.

Hope this helps.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
VonWulfen

RE: A couple of questions

Post by VonWulfen »

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

Hi VonWulfen,

The unit will determine the appropriate type of ammo based on the target. So if you target a tank, the unit will load AP, unless it already had HE loaded. In this situation, the unit will fire off the round at the target, then load the appropriate shell type.
Your AT teams are most effective at shorter ranges. The range line will help you determine the effective range for the panzergrenadiers. However, the quality of your units will affect their accuracy. In my experience, it's best to keep AT teams on ambush and protect them with infantry.
It's been a while since playing PitF, but I recommend using armor as infantry support on most of the maps. Panthers are prone to immobilization when traversing brush and wooded areas. Try to keep them on roads, trails or stable ground.

Hope this helps.
Many thanks :)
‘Be so good as to call me an elephant,’
Stephen Maturin

Return to “The War Room”