Elite SS Divisions

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

tex_ka95

Elite SS Divisions

Post by tex_ka95 »

Does anyone know exactly which Waffen SS divisions are considered elite? The manual doesn't spell this out as far as I can tell.

My own guess would be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 9th and 10th Panzer.
Q-Ball

RE: Elite SS Divisions

Post by Q-Ball »

Two ways. First, go to the Unit List, and you'll see a column for "ELITE". SS Elite are marked "SSE"

You can also tell by color; all-black = Elite. Half Black, Half Grey = Non-Elite

It is those units you identified, plus 12ss. Also, the SS Panzer units (Tiger BN) are elite.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

AFAIR all SS Panzer Divs and their predecessors, the already named SS hvy Pz Bns, some HQs and a small part of foot/motorized infantry.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
tex_ka95

Post by tex_ka95 »

Thanks guys!
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

Are regular army heavy Tank Battalions elite - I only have one it does have 98 morale after a few fights - so I assume so.
tex_ka95

Post by tex_ka95 »

ORIGINAL: cavalry

Are regular army heavy Tank Battalions elite - I only have one it does have 98 morale after a few fights - so I assume so.
It appears at least some of them are, if not all of them. Go to the Commanders Report screen and look at the E/G column. E, LWE and SSE all means elite.

I was shocked to see one of the Romanian divisions was considered elite. LOL
Cavalry Corp

Post by Cavalry Corp »

ok Thanks - I think that is the first RO Div - has around 60 morale in my game - not really elite...
tex_ka95

Post by tex_ka95 »

ok Thanks - I think that is the first RO Div - has around 60 morale in my game - not really elite...

Elite by Romanian standards I guess. lol
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

ORIGINAL: tex_ka95

Elite by Romanian standards I guess. lol

Be soviet standard too then [:D]
Brakes are for cowards !!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”