Back, after a long break

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

jkile

Back, after a long break

Post by jkile »

I stop playing game somewhere around a year ago, becuase just several little things that just bugged me; like I just read about (on another recent post)early on AI could spawn or reinforce in player's ZOC, while player could not!!!! This was one of many unrealistic things the AI could do and player couldn't. I remember in beta, the Devs had submarines blocking player's land movement!!???[:-]
Also, I had total 100% data loss 3-4 months ago, and am just catching up to old things, tryinhg to decide where to go with series.

I have a couple of questions. I have watched several videos last few days, trying to see what had been done lately. Saw some promise, so I thinking of jumping back in.

Number one, I see on Matrix/Slitherine sites that the 1939-45 GCs can be used & played with either original vanilla or Afrika Corp game. Correct??? Can a player play 39&40 GC, then switch over to Afrika theater with army already created. That is take the Africa branch of the war; AND then go back to eastern front in 41 GC????

Also, from what I read that with Afrika Corp incorporated a lot of newer graphics, units & etc,etc. Are these new things incorporated in GCs???[&:]

Thanks for any help,

JMK
Marshall Ney
R35

RE: Back, after a long break

Post by R35 »

Afrika Korps and the Grand Campaigns are different projects. Without modding you can`t jump from the Grand Campaigns to Africa and then back. Also, the new units were added with patches to the core game. You don`t need any expansion (like the Afrika Korps) to enable them in the recruitment panel. By simply applying the patch they`ll be available to buy in whatever campaign you have. However, I think the rule is they`ll not edit older campaigns to add new units on the battle maps themselves for balancing reasons. So, the original PzC scenarios will still look as you know them in this regard. Also, some of the units that appeared later are dependent on the theater. This means unless you`re playing in Africa for example you`ll not have access to some of them and vice versa.

Return to “Panzer Corps”