CC: The Longest Day Public Beta v5.50.14b Now Available!

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: The Longest Day brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Longest Day remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign that covers all the airborne and beach landings, expanded map sizes, new hand-drawn historical maps, illumination during night battles and much more!
Erik Rutins

CC: The Longest Day Public Beta v5.50.14b Now Available!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thank you for your patience everyone. This is a public beta update, but we strongly recommend giving it a try if you are experiencing any of the fixed issues. We expect this to become official in the next week or two depending on customer feedback.

You will need to register your copy of Close Combat: The Longest Day to download this update, as it is still a beta version and not approved for general release. Please download it from the Members Club here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/members/priv ... sp?gid=368

Change List:
  • Fixed several issues that could cause a crash at the end of a battle, possibly resulting in the loss of the saved game file.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong battle group to be penalized with a 1-2 team loss if the last battle in a turn ended by force morale failure.
  • Fixed a bug with weapon value calculations, resulting in slightly different team values.
  • Several minor changes to battle group default team selection to adjust the AI’s default choices to be the same or similar given the new team values.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Southernland

RE: CC: The Longest Day Public Beta v5.50.14b Now Available!

Post by Southernland »

I frigging hate updating my games from this site... every time it's a game of round in circles...

followed all the rigmarole and kept circling back to here... god knows how many more orbits I'm going to have to do before lucking on the right link.... but shouldn't the latest patch be here???????

Attachments
itshouldn..hishard.jpg
itshouldn..hishard.jpg (192.67 KiB) Viewed 417 times
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Southern Land,

If you have the game registered and are logged in, the link in my post above will take you directly to the download. Only beta updates go through the Members Club.

For official updates, the "Check for Updates" link on the game menu or start menu automatically downloads the latest for you with no fuss and they are also on the page you show above in your screenshot.

As noted in my post, public beta updates are not for general release, so they require a login and registration to download.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Southernland

Post by Southernland »

yeah found it thanks Erik, what bugs me is every time i update a matrix game I follow what seems to be the logical route and end up spinning in circles for 15 minutes until it makes sense, guess i shouldn't try to update at the end of a long day
¡¡ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
davidss

Post by davidss »

Thanks
aadamjohnsons

Post by aadamjohnsons »

The longest day is my one of the most favorite monster and board war game I was looking for such kind of working update for The longest day. Thanks for sharing such a workable and efficient Updater of The longest day game.
Get advance logiciel carte r4
topper6

Post by topper6 »

A long week or two.....

Return to “Close Combat: The Longest Day”