January Hotfix 2A HQ Bug Fix

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Vic

January Hotfix 2A HQ Bug Fix

Post by Vic »

Hi,

It seems the hotfix hasn't done the job but the Christmas fairy, and a few save files from players, have helped to corner the elusive bug.

It would be much appreciated if you could try the patch and let us know in this thread how it went, good or bad, so we have an idea of it's effectiveness. The Christmas fairy never lies but it's a foolish man who places their trust in a fairy. Best to be on the safe side.

- - - How to install the Patch

Patch: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/barbarossa_2A_Patch.dc3
or if you are having issues the zipped version here: http://www.vrdesigns.net/privatepatch/barbarossa_2A_Patch.zip

Download the barbarossa_2A_Patch.dc3 file and place it in the '\BarbScenario' directory like thus.

Fire up the game, press Load Scenario and select the above mentioned patch file. You will be starting a brand NEW GAME, not loading a saved one.

When the Settings screen flashes up do a quick check that it says '3rd Jan 18 - Cameron 2AHQ 1.05v5' at the top. It's little writing so if you can see the '3rd Jan 18' part then you're O.K

Start a game as the Germans, with whatever settings that you want.

If there is a problem with 2A HQ you'll know about it early on once you have captured Kaunus and cleared out all Soviet units from 2 hexes of the city(around turn 4 to 6). Shouldn't happen and the card for deploying 2A HQ will arrive on turn 8, at which point you can proceed with confidence.

If you wanted to do a quick test rather than a full game then ignore everything on the map apart from capturing Kaunus in AGN and the nearby hexes. To speed things up you could try setting the Soviets as Human controlled as well so you don't have to wait for the Soviet AI to process. You could even move the Soviet units away from Kaunus to supercharge the process. Bang through the turns until turn 8 when you can deploy 2A by card and know that it's a dead bug.

Once you are confident that all's well you could rename the 'barbarossa.dc3' file to something else (so you can go back to it later if need be), then rename the patch file to 'barbarossa.dc3' which will allow you to play normally with a fully working game.

Provided nothing untoward happens this will be made into an official patch fairly soon. Otherwise I'll drag the fairy outside and hang it from the nearest tree. Upside down.

Thanks for your help and a Happy New Year.

Cheers,
Cameron
Attachments
image0.jpg
image0.jpg (33.61 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
xavutrecht

RE: January Hotfix 2A HQ Bug Fix

Post by xavutrecht »

Worked. Free 2 Army HQ card on the 16th of July.
Save the cord for next christmas! [:)]

Attachments
2AHQ.jpg
2AHQ.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Xavier
jchron2

Post by jchron2 »

Why is WinZip and WinRAR asking me for a password when I attempt to extract the hotfix? Is this a problem with my windows setup or the zip programs? I doubt its the hotfix download?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: jchron2

Why is WinZip and WinRAR asking me for a password when I attempt to extract the hotfix? Is this a problem with my windows setup or the zip programs? I doubt its the hotfix download?

No its an issue with your browser (probably IE).

Download the ZIP version (2nd download link) and you'll find the .dc3 file inside it.

Do not try to UNZIP the .dc3 file itself, just place it inside the BarbScenarios folder.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Neul

Post by Neul »

If I have a game in progress and the 2nd Armee has not yet deployed, can I continue it with the new patch? Or, do I need to scrap it and restart?
Neul

Post by Neul »

Never mind...I answered my own question...it does update the saved game.
dirtyharry500

Post by dirtyharry500 »

hi , hotfix is messy , 3 times i start the game and always the 2nd hq is deployed with the card and the ghost one remains at KAUNAS !
so i've just to wait the new patch to play my game
i'm the real slim shady
Vic

Post by Vic »

A Neul, dirtyharry,

You have to start a new game with the hotfixed version in order to get rid of the bug.

Existing saved-games will not be fixed by it.

best wishes,
Vic
Gruppenleiter59

Post by Gruppenleiter59 »

Vic, I apologize I see your posting now. Thank you.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”