Famous Securan play 'Jomeo and Ruliette'?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

vary10

Famous Securan play 'Jomeo and Ruliette'?

Post by vary10 »

Hi! So I've been playing Securans for the first time and this event popped up:

"A spectacular performance of the famous Securan play 'Jomeo and Ruliette' has been enjoyed by high dignitaries from the Ancient Guardians. The dignitaries were greatly impressed and moved by the play.
As a result, for the next year our empire will have a 10% diplomacy bonus with the Ancient Guardians."

I had played several other races before, but events like this never occured. Are there any others and how do you trigger them?
Aeson

RE: Famous Securan play 'Jomeo and Ruliette'?

Post by Aeson »

If you enable Race-Specific Events on the Victory Conditions page of game setup, then events such as this one will occur randomly during the game. So far as I know, there are no specific triggers for these events; you just need to hope that whatever RNG controls the events causes them to fire off.

Be aware that while most racial events are positive, there are a handful which are negative.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

If you look in a races race file (just a txt file) towards the end, there are race events (0-29) and time interval (0.1 to 3 I think)

In your manual folder you can open the modding guide and go to page 94. There you will find a description of all 30 events.
vary10

Post by vary10 »

Thanks!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”