Game NOT Taking My settings

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

dereck

Game NOT Taking My settings

Post by dereck »

Every game I've played I set it to have no space monsters - yet there are space monsters.

This game I set it up so there would be no other empires - only pirates - and I set it so no other races could advance to empires. Yet there was just an empire that sprouted up.

Why isn't this damn game taking my settings???
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
tortugapower

RE: Game NOT Taking My settings

Post by tortugapower »

Hey there!

Are you saying that space worms still spawn in your starting system in the asteroid fields? Or are you saying that monsters spawn out of the desert planets?

I'm not sure why that's happening, but even no space monsters spawns monsters at desert planets (a la Herbert's "Dune").
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
johanwanderer

Post by johanwanderer »

I think there are events in game that spawn monsters. You might have to disable events all together to stop that from happening. As for independent colonies, I don't know. Maybe they are needed by some story line events? Also, if you use a pre-generated map, they might have been included in there as well, but that is just a guess.
stuart3

Post by stuart3 »

Every game I've played I set it to have no space monsters - yet there are space monsters.

Have you also unticked the option for "Allow Giant Kaltors at game start" on the Victory Conditions screen? It is set to allow them by default. If you have the relevant storyline events enabled then you will also find Giant Kaltors at the Dead Zone. They are part of the galactic backstory.
Uncle Lumpy

Post by Uncle Lumpy »

Even with the "Allow Giant Kaltors" box unchecked, I've noticed they still appear (and reappear) individually at the rare/valuable luxury locations. And they're also hovering in multiple numbers over the incomplete World Destroyer project(s). They don't appear anywhere else in the game. It's my guess that this is a default setting associated with World Destroyers and rare luxury locations.
I once heard there was a garage, which some said was air tight.
stuart3

Post by stuart3 »

I may be wrong, but I think that the only thing that "Allow Giant Kaltors at game start" affects is whether or not two or three Kaltors appear at a Frozen Gas Giant planet in your home system when you first activate a warp drive or hyperdrive, but I always play on Prewarp, so I don't know what happens on other settings.

They do appear at some, but not all, debris fields.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

There is also a Dune like planet that will always spawn a sand worm!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”