Learning new things.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

LiquidSky

Learning new things.

Post by LiquidSky »

Well...I just learned that after you finish the air phase, and the Air Execution Summary window pops up.

You can click on the air directive [+] to get a rundown of what that AD did. (That I knew).

But what I didn't know is you can click the TYPE....and it will jump to the map to show you the BATTLES filtered to that type.

I also learned that if you click on the Toggle Factory Location button, factories with heavy damage have a red outline around the map symbol. With medium damage its yellow, and with no damage it is green.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
zakblood

RE: Learning new things.

Post by zakblood »

if you don't learn something new each day, then it's a day wasted it seems with this game, now all you have to do is remember it [:D][;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Helpless

RE: Learning new things.

Post by Helpless »

But what I didn't know is you can click the TYPE....and it will jump to the map to show you the BATTLES filtered to that type.

I don't think it filters anything if you click the TYPE, it just brings you to the place of battle.

Another hint, is that if you click on number of raids for the particular AD, it will filter battles for this AD only.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”