Can't post pic/attachments..

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Blabsawaw22

Can't post pic/attachments..

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Whose genius idea was it to not be able to post any more pics/attachments after your 10th post??

whats the point? by the time 7 days arrives I'll be long not caring about the question and picture/attachment I want to post..

this ridiculous limitation only obstructs and interrupts the point of having a forum to show your question or problem..

I only see this thwarting off good people who want to post an attachement or picture
Bingeling

RE: Can't post pic/attachments..

Post by Bingeling »

There have been quite a few incidents by forum spamming. Congratulate the spammers on interfering with normal forum use.
aniketos

Post by aniketos »

I understand the reasoning behind the idea but in practice, I think it's rather unnecessary. I cannot even use smilies let alone copy & paste my own issue with my Matrix copy of the game and I have been frustrated that I cannot put my problem up for people to see and help me figure out what's wrong with my copy. I found a thread in the Site Feedback sub-sub-forum and a lot of people are frustrated with this. It just gets in the way of enjoying the forum for new people. With Matrix starting to put games on Steam, I think dropping this policy is a great idea. (Imho.)
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Could you post that site-feedback forum so I can mention how unproductive and ineffective this impediment is.

* oh wait, You probably can't post that link for me to go to the sub-forum cause you posted 10 messages in the last week right?
aniketos

Post by aniketos »

I actually tried and got blocked lol.
Arcturi

Post by Arcturi »

I've not even posted in the last three months and it won't let me post a new topic to ask a question...

Edit: and I'm surprised this post even got through.
Phuket

Post by Phuket »

It is very frustrating to not be able to post any links or pictures in the beginning. All it really does is make people go around and try and find a way to post so they can get past that initial stage. It is extremely un-intuitive for inviting new people into the community.
I play and commentate games with a heavy emphasis on 4x, Strategy, Tycoon, and Roguelikes.
http://www.youtube.com/Saboutsplays
mordachai

Post by mordachai »

It blocks spam. [&o] Thank you site admins.
HerpInYourDerp

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

It also prevents new players getting help by not allowing them post screenshots.
DeadlyShoe

Post by DeadlyShoe »

could use cdkey-registration to give bling and allow certain posting privileges like screenshots and posting in tech support
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

yes, thats getting somewhere using brains that we have..

think Matrix.. think... and then think more..

Is there really that much spam for a space game that definitely only caters to certain types of gamers/people?

RiftHick

Post by RiftHick »

My only thought on this is why you didn't chose to post this complaint to a more appropriate section of the forum, since its a forum wide feature (Distant Worlds is but one small section of the forum) you are complaining about and not something specific to Distant Worlds itself. Consider moving this complaint to "All Forums / General / General Discussions / Site Feedback" otherwise you might not get any serious recognition for your cause, maybe if you ask a forum nicely they will move it for you?

As for spam, who says that the spam intends to cater to the usual visitors of this forum. Most spam comes from automated systems/ bots that are coded to go to forums of all kinds, sign up then post their pre-written blab however many times and to where ever they've been told to and then leave. Many of these bots are coded to log new forums they find so that other bots written by the same author have more places to go.
mordachai

Post by mordachai »

Spam is a massive issue. It is a small inconvenience to have to have a conversation with the community here a few times before being trusted to post links & pics & etc. Rather than complain about waiting a reasonable period of time, you could use the opportunity to help others, or to ask other questions, and familiarize yourself with the forums you intend to use?

Also - you can be clever. You can upload things to other sites - such as media fire or drop box or whatever, and post a plain-text message indicating how to get there if you're desperate.
accolade

Post by accolade »

Umm yeah.. I've just been bitten by this forum bug. So I'm posting here to up my post count!
Zap

Post by Zap »

They have not seen the hundreds of spam infecting the different forums in a in a weekend.
Orion03

Post by Orion03 »

I am just posting this so that I can get my post count up

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”