compared to AJE

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

freeboy

compared to AJE

Post by freeboy »

IS the AI up to it? In AJE you can make the game hard with various adjustable features..??
My concern is it will be too easy and I will be limited to pbem only..
thanks
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

RE: compared to AJE

Post by freeboy »

anyone want to comment on the ai ?
"Tanks forward"
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

anyone want to comment on the ai ?

Athena is good as an AI, especially in land combat and operations.

My personal preference for a good game (and this is across the AGE system) is more time, limited knowledge, the equivalent of hard (the actual settings are called different things in different games). That tends to stop the AI doing deep suicide raids which it does, since it looks for the chance to outflank you.

The challenge for the AI is different to in AJE. There you tend to come to a campaign between a limited number of large stacks and the simple supply rule (ie no push) means that occupying key provinces is as important as a secure line of communications.

So if you want to play SP, then the AI will give you a good game, in particular if you make mistakes it'll make you pay. Having said that, it is an AI. PBEM is a much more engaging experience as you are trying to outwit a human opponent who is probably also laying plans 3-5 turns ahead.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

thank you, I was NOT impressed with the first civil war, just did not work for me, that being true I am a big fan of WIA 1 and 2 and AJE...
MAybe Ill pick this up on sale in the future..... its not just the cost its the time...
than ks again for making great games...
and
Im not against pbem games as I was heavily invested in time playing WITP and AE..
Glad good games keep showing up here and elsewhere, as there is so little true grog centric games..
"Tanks forward"
mikeCK

Post by mikeCK »

In have not been impressed with the AI when it plays the north but Athena seems to do well as the confederacy. I found the AI much better in ROP, AJE and WiA. Perhaps it's the scope? Still a great game but I've had two games now where the AI union did nothing as I marched my way up into New York, Pennsylvania and Illinois.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

maybe Ill learn the game and then venture into pbem.. busy busy now, and the NHL returns with a vengeance for the next few month..
LOL
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Civil War II”