Version .14 patch

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

rmonical

Version .14 patch

Post by rmonical »

In the new code it is possible to specify maximum number of elements to be build per phase (hard limit) and also specify a percentage limit that reduces the need number that is reported to the build system (proportional limit). If the percentage limit is 0 (default) then normal code is used that limits building of artillery and infantry weapons based on their cost. My current test data has hard limits on cavalry and motorcycle elements, so that Germans may not spend more than 1000 arms per phase on them, Axis Minors 500, Slovakia 250 and Soviet Union 5000.

As German, I am in November 42 in my game with hoooper. Looking ahead, I realize the motorcycle squads are going to drop precipitously in the '43 version of the German mobile divisions. So I am taking all of my mobile divisions out of refit mode so I do not end up with thousands of armament points sitting in the pool in motorcycle squads. Thus far, the Germans have spent 175,000 armament points on motorcycle squads. That represents almost 11% of all armament points produced to T73 and almost 14% of armament points spent on A units..

If I understand the v.14 enhancement:
1. Production of motorcycle squads naturally be will be much lower.
2. A player can lower it even more by setting a fixed number of squads to produce.

In the situation we see in late 42, we could set motorcycle squads to produce 1 squad per turn and they would naturally phase out in time for the TOE upgrade which drops them from 33 to 9 per division.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”