Massive MOD soon to be released

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding.
dfoehammer

RE: Massive MOD soon to be released

Post by dfoehammer »

LOL YOur probably right about that :) I have made some good progress the past few days. The first campaign will be the invasion of Norway. Some good naval action there, with the addition of the "what if" graf zepplin and German carrier fleet, it should prove to be interesting. I am also doing a graf zepplin campaign for IL2 1946, so the work ties together nicely for scenario development and ideas. The most time consuming stuff, I think, is doing all the research to get the accurate stats in for each type of ship (and i have added a bunch of ships). Artwork is time consuming as well, but I find the stats and research the most tedious. I had to make a couple new ships over the weekend (and improved on some of the artwork of some british ships from the old megamod). So we have a nice new Renown Battlecruiser now. I should have a scenario to offer up in another week or two (I hope). Actually, I will probably release two technically...since i artworked the cape matapan scenario, and it now has artwork for all the ships and planes that it needed when it was first released but never had(I made a nice mediterranian map as well). I am planning to go ahead and release more as I get them done, that way people can play them (they have been waiting far too long), and perhaps some people can tweak them to make them better, and I will release updates and improvements as I can.

SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

'What ifs' are usually my favourite scenarios.

For example, I used to love the 'what if' variants from Carriers at War 2 back in the day. Instead of Force Z going to hell under the bombs of the IJA betties, it became much more of a contest with the British having a carrier or two floating around with the Prince of Wales and Repulse rather than just having a couple of capital ships to pound. Though I must admit, trying to second guess the cloud front and sneak my way up the Malay peninsular (as Force Z) without getting hammered was fun and tense.

Thanks again for putting in the effort to make this product a better one for all of us players.
Kiwi Red One

Post by Kiwi Red One »

Evening dfoehammer

I still have CAW on my hard drive and would love to see your work for some new challenges.

I developed a couple of my own scenarios for CCAW as well as CAW 2007 so I know how much effort goes into them, especially if you are doing new graphics. Look forward to the new scenarios when you have them available.

Cheers
KRO
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

I am working on the war room cards for the Norway scenario..just a few more days, and I will finally release the first scenario! whew! What a huge undertaking this has been :)
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Just another quick update. I have the warrom about 50% done now. It is a rather complex series of warcards, since we have the Germans invading three different points in Norway, and the allies likewise invading (or attempting to invade) into Norway to counter them... there is over 30 german subs in the region (as there was historically), and 20 british. So I have had to make multiple task forces and invasion forces for both sides, and all the land base cards for the land bases in Germany, Norway, and Britain. So it is a rather complex scenario to do, but the good news is...now that I am figuring it all out, and once I am done with this one..it shoudl be pretty quick and easy to whip up some more scenarios, as this one has been complex :) Am hoping to finally get to run a couple play through tests this weekend, and hopefully it plays out well, and the scoring system serves properly. Lots of factors to consider in such a complicated scenario with so many TGs and aspects in play. I am getting excited ot get it finished. Hopefully some of the die hard community will use the assets I have made and whip us out some additional what if scenarios :)
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Well, I didn't get it wrapped up this weekend, too much on my plate, plus the war-room cards became buggy for some unknown reason, and I had to redo the cards last night. It is getting close though, and I did get a bit of testing on the scenario late last night :) I have to tweak a few things yet, so it is probably looking at next weekend. Getting close ! :)
dfoehammer

Post by dfoehammer »

Ok..started a new thread. I am going to make a new thread for each additional scenario I will release :) The first one is Operation Norway, which I will be uploading for your gaming enjoyment in the next day or two (when I get a chance to gather up the files. I strongly suggest you make a duplicate install of your CAW folder, because this mod is going to change the way the game looks entirely for eastern theater operations. So I would make a complete new second install for eastern theater operations, that way you can play in either/both theaters. If you just install my MOD in your original, you are going to lose most of the elements of the Japanese graphics. I run two installs on my own machine. One for each theater.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”