Update?

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Ratzki

Update?

Post by Ratzki »

It is rather quiet in here, but I have a question. What is the outlook for the next game in this series? Is there going to be one?
Mobius

RE: Update?

Post by Mobius »

fallow.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I don't know of any work actively going on right now on a follow-up game, though it's possible something is being done I'm not aware of. I'd like to see that change in the future though.

Rick
USS Wyoming

Post by USS Wyoming »

I could play the previous PC titles, but when I bought PCO and found there was nothing I could do to get it to play at a reasonable frame rate even on the smallest scenarios, I put it on the shelf and have forgotten about it. I might have understood the poor performance and need to upgrade my hardware had there been some major graphic upgrade (not that I cared because I thought the original graphics were fine). So, I can play CMBN, but not PCO...? Phooey, and forget it.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

The main slow down in PCO was caused by rendering the grass, Everything else was more or less the same except for more detailed models and a small number very large scenarios. Turn off the grass.
panzer
eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

I will confirm that Stridors fix above does fix the problem with Map Maker. Which doesn't surprise me since Stridor is the author of Map Maker. I'm glad to see he still peeks in here!

I've added the modified file to the list of things for inclusion in the next patch.

Thanks!
Rick

I see Rick talks about a patch here. I still follow PCO somewhat and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what will be included in this patch?
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

I've kind of given up on any new content.
I support the right to arm bears!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: eniced73

I will confirm that Stridors fix above does fix the problem with Map Maker. Which doesn't surprise me since Stridor is the author of Map Maker. I'm glad to see he still peeks in here!

I've added the modified file to the list of things for inclusion in the next patch.

Thanks!
Rick

I see Rick talks about a patch here. I still follow PCO somewhat and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what will be included in this patch?

I don't know what the timing will be, but I think there will be another patch.

There are a couple of fixes to the Random Battle Generator (one will reduce the number of ATGs that show up in Random Battles the other will reduce the number of 'failed' attempts to generate long random battles). There are also a couple of Engine bugs that need to be fixed. One concerns the problem with knockdown of long narrow structures (this has been fixed), the other bug occurs when cancelled artillery mission runs out of ammo - this one hasn't been fixed yet). It will also incorporate the fix for the Map Maker key value and some updated equipment models.

But I don't know when it will be ready. Most of the fixes above are available in the forum Mod section.

Thanks
Rick
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

A patch!!... Now that is good to hear.
KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I'll believe it when I see it.
I support the right to arm bears!
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I'll believe it when I see it.
Same here.
panzer
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

You have to think positive... Glass is half full, glass is half full...

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”