Plimus

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

DBeves

Plimus

Post by DBeves »

Christ - when are you going to do something about the download speed they provide. DR used to come down in minutes - this plimus crap takes forever in every game I have bought since the change.
Erik Rutins

RE: Plimus

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi DBeves,

In our testing the download links from Plimus are just as fast or faster than the ones from DR. I get the same download speed through Plimus that I do through Steam from my home computer, for example. Have you tried different browsers? Could anything else have changed in your setup? Where are you located (roughly)?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

I discovered something the other day that caused a massive improvement in some downloads (this was for the Blizzard Downloader, but it might affect other things). Go into IE, Internet Options->Connection->LAN Settings and turn OFF Automatically Detect Settings and see if that helps. Note, this may affect things even if you don't use IE.

Changed my download from 200K/s to 2.8M/s so worth a try.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

I am in the uk. The settings pip suggested are already off. Its always the same when I download from them... started downloading the install 2 hours ago and it still says it has 28 mins to go. Any other site it would have been down in minutes.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

2 hours 34 mins to download - now the fricking file is corrupted. POS - and I paid for this ?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi DBeves,

It sounds like there's a slow internet connection between your location in the UK and the US. The downloads go through a very large cloud system that is US-based. I'd recommend giving it another try with a download manager, such as http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html to see if that helps.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

My download was running along at 100+kb/sec (which is good for me) but stopped at 721 mb (and I knew I was in trouble because it should have 880+mb). Tried to install anyway and got the dreaded corrupt file message.

Re-downloading but because of the throttle on my service only 35kb/sec.

I can live with it if it does get all the file this time.

Using Foxfire. Might try internetdownload manager but I seem to recall (because I had it installed on another machine many moons ago, that it would not restart Matrix downloads once dropped).

I did get the physical copy of this game, so if it does not download, at least there is snail mail. [;)]

Just providing another data point.
DBeves

Post by DBeves »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi DBeves,

It sounds like there's a slow internet connection between your location in the UK and the US. The downloads go through a very large cloud system that is US-based. I'd recommend giving it another try with a download manager, such as http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html to see if that helps.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Erik . that seems to be working better. Apologies for my bad temper. Been a very bad day.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I just want to let you all know that we take very seriously the quality of our download service and we don't want this to be a point of frustration. I completely understand how you feel. Unfortunately there is also always a variable involved when dealing with internet connections.

I can only say that we have plenty of bandwidth, plenty of server capacity and processing time and we have the files on one of the largest networks in the US (which is separate from the network that www.matrixgames.com is on) so we are doing what we can to make this as smooth as possible. Overall the downloads work very well with the vast majority of connections very quick and trouble-free, but we want to get that as close to 100% as possible.

Download managers are always a good thing to try if you have any connection or speed issues. The only disadvantage is that they can use up more than one download attempt if set to multi-stream, which can eventually lead to the need for a new download link. If you were logged in when you purchased, you can request that automatically through our Members Club, otherwise through the Help Desk.

If you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your external IP address, I will try to have our network engineers see if there's anything going on that we can control to improve these connections.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
NavalNewZ

Post by NavalNewZ »

I was having similar problems, but that download manager linked above made a huge difference, and has enabled me to successfully download the game. Thanks
..there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

Thank you for the response and suggestion to use IDM.

The download failed a second time at 821mb so I downloaded IDM and it went through the third time with IDM.

Again, thanks.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I just bought the game with a gift card. I tried to use a gift card at another company and it asked for the name on the card. "a gift for you" was not acceptable.

I logged into the members area first and everything went through within minutes. DL link worked and ran at about 700 kbs with Firefox. Zonealarm and avast left on.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Return to “Tech Support”