OT - Spurrier Don't Care

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AU Tiger_MatrixForum

OT - Spurrier Don't Care

Post by AU Tiger_MatrixForum »

Here is a man who doesn't give a damn what people think......

For the uninitiated: Steve Spurrier is an an American college football coach who is widely accepted as one of the best in the business. He also is known for speaking his mind with often hilarious, yet cuttingly accurate, quotes.
Over the past few years he has brought one of the perennially worst teams in the league to being a contender.

Attachments
Spurrier.jpg
Spurrier.jpg (68.33 KiB) Viewed 172 times
"Never take counsel of your fears."

Tho. Jackson
Skyros

RE: OT - Spurrier Don't Care

Post by Skyros »

We like to think of him as God Like!
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Skyros

We like to think of him as God Like!

How could you not? I mean, when I gaze upon those chiseled granite features and Herculean physique, I too think of Olympus!

P.S. Get off the forum. You owe me a turn dammit!

Tho. Jackson
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Georgia Dawgs especially have reason to loathe Steve Spurrier, but in my opinion he's the greatest active coach in college football and one of the best ever. May he trip over his darned ego and be out the whole season!
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
wneumann

Post by wneumann »

I too think of Olympus!
He didn't come from Olympus. He descended to earth from Gainesville.
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: wneumann
I too think of Olympus!

Yup. I used to call him Darth Visor back in those days.....

Tho. Jackson
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: wneumann
I too think of Olympus!

[:D]
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

Spurrier is mighty - as a long suffering Gamecock fan life is finally good. He's a master of playfully tweaking the press and his opponents in a way that doesn't quite go low enough to be considered trash talk and IMHO helps his team play loose. He is probably the best active non-cyborg coach in the college ranks. Saban leads in the cyborg category. Miles proves that escapees of insane asylums are underrated as well. [:D]

PS - I reveled in a recent rumor that Saban may come to my #1 team, the Longhorns, if Mack Brown again manages to do Mack Brown things (get blown out by the Sooners, lose at least one game we should win, etc). It's probably not true, but it gives us hope in the land of Bevo.
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

Spurrier is mighty - as a long suffering Gamecock fan life is finally good. He's a master of playfully tweaking the press and his opponents in a way that doesn't quite go low enough to be considered trash talk and IMHO helps his team play loose. He is probably the best active non-cyborg coach in the college ranks. Saban leads in the cyborg category. Miles proves that escapees of insane asylums are underrated as well. [:D]

PS - I reveled in a recent rumor that Saban may come to my #1 team, the Longhorns, if Mack Brown again manages to do Mack Brown things (get blown out by the Sooners, lose at least one game we should win, etc). It's probably not true, but it gives us hope in the land of Bevo.

Ahhhh, the Olde Saban to Texas Ballad. Lets examine this:

First of all, coaches' agents have long used rumors and the interest of other schools to enhance their clients' paychecks, but that aside, why do coaches usually change jobs?

1) Political issues with their administration (Tuberville) - No way. If Bama tried to fire Saban, every tree on campus would be poisoned.
2) Move to a more competitive conference (Bielema) - There is no more competitive conference than the SEC, specifically the SEC West.
3) Money - Every Bama fan in the state would take out a third mortgage on their mobile home to help pay for Saban's salary. Alabama will match any offer.
4) Recruiting advantages - possibly. UT owns Texas recruiting, although TAM is moving up quickly since joining the SEC. Even though Bama pretty much gets whoever they want, they still have to work awfully hard at it in the Southeast.
5) University prestige - yes UT is a prestigious job, but so is Alabama.
6) Championship potential - If you don't watch out, Saban just MIGHT win a championship while at Alabama, however as a coach at UT he could pretty much count on going to the NC game every year. Competition in the Big X (X as in the variable, not the Roman numeral) simply isn't what it is in the SEC.
7) Tired of the stiff competition in the SEC (Urban Meyer) - Somehow I can't see Saban thinking that way.

IMO, Saban will stay at Alabama until he retires / dies.

Now Les Miles? You never know what the Hatter will do next.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0z6sTwjfNw

Tho. Jackson
MineSweeper

Post by MineSweeper »

Well, he did not do anything for my Redskins except to sign his checks ....def should have stayed in the college ranks during that time.

bradfordkay

Post by bradfordkay »

BEing a loyal Georgia Bulldog it is my fervent hope that the Ole Ball Sack will finally decide that mollycoddling these young punks with huge egos is just no fun anymore and will retire to the links where he belongs... He certainly has paid us back tenfold for the pounding he took at the hands of our defense when he was a player!
fair winds,
Brad
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

GO Georgia!

There is no conference like the SEC. hard to make a contender when you don't play the best teams week in and week out. I don't see Saban leaving the golden goose, and as good as spurrier is, his recruiting class has been one step behind the best. Good enough to be great, but not number one.

Georgia has a reasonable shot, and that is no bull!
Andy M
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Go Cocks.
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: MineSweeper

Well, he did not do anything for my Redskins except to sign his checks ....def should have stayed in the college ranks during that time.

Uh, the horror. He uttered the word we mustn't use. U clearly not the mayor of DC [:D]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Methinks his locks are auburn.

AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Methinks his locks are auburn.

HERESY!!!!!

Tho. Jackson
Cribtop

Post by Cribtop »

I tend to agree that Saban to Texas is unlikely. The rationales presented are basically: 1) Texas has infinite money; 2) Saban may win another NC this year and has done all he can there, at Texas he could re-build and prove his greatness; 3) The winner of the TX-OU game usually has the inside track to the conference title, and getting to the NC game repeatedly at Texas would be easy for Saban.

Still, I doubt it for many of the reasons you state. Our despair makes us hope that anything will change at UT.
AU Tiger_MatrixForum

ORIGINAL: Cribtop

I tend to agree that Saban to Texas is unlikely. The rationales presented are basically: 1) Texas has infinite money; 2) Saban may win another NC this year and has done all he can there, at Texas he could re-build and prove his greatness; 3) The winner of the TX-OU game usually has the inside track to the conference title, and getting to the NC game repeatedly at Texas would be easy for Saban.

Still, I doubt it for many of the reasons you state. Our despair makes us hope that anything will change at UT.

Although nightly I pray that Saban will go to Texas, I also fear it is unlikely. If he were to go, you would all be invited to the biggest party I have ever thrown.

Tho. Jackson
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

By the way, could you SEC folks please take it easy on poor Mizzou? Like stop ordering the terre mizzou at the restaraunt.

Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I suppose you guys know you sound slightly crazy to outsiders. [:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”