Dutch Air Units?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Capt Cliff

Dutch Air Units?

Post by Capt Cliff »

A number of Dutch air units escaped the fall of the Dutch East Indies. They appear in Aden but they do not receive any replacements? Is something broken in my game? It's 12/42 and I see no replacements. I looked in the rules but there ain't nothing there. Any idea when they start receiving Allied aircraft if at all??
Capt. Cliff
Alfred

RE: Dutch Air Units?

Post by Alfred »

Again this is not a bug in the game issue and therefore should not be posted here. You really would get better assistance if you posted these sort of "issues" in the main forum. It would also mean that any answers which are provided to you are more easily seen by newbies.

There is just insufficient data provided to give any meaningful answer. Asking others to guess what your problem is does not make it easy to assist you.

The short answer to your post is, "no there is nothing broken in your game". Go to the unit screen and click on the upgrade button. Clicking will then take you to a screen which displays all the aircraft models that unit can upgrade to. From that screen you can also see when those models are in production and their nationality.

On a more generic point you can go to the aircraft replacement pool button found on the intelligence display screen and filter all the Dutch nationality aircraft production to see how many are produced and for how long. The same thing can be done to any other Allied aircraft models which the air unit screen -> upgrade button says are eligible to be used by the unit.

Alfred
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Again this is not a bug in the game issue and therefore should not be posted here. You really would get better assistance if you posted these sort of "issues" in the main forum. It would also mean that any answers which are provided to you are more easily seen by newbies.

There is just insufficient data provided to give any meaningful answer. Asking others to guess what your problem is does not make it easy to assist you.

The short answer to your post is, "no there is nothing broken in your game". Go to the unit screen and click on the upgrade button. Clicking will then take you to a screen which displays all the aircraft models that unit can upgrade to. From that screen you can also see when those models are in production and their nationality.

On a more generic point you can go to the aircraft replacement pool button found on the intelligence display screen and filter all the Dutch nationality aircraft production to see how many are produced and for how long. The same thing can be done to any other Allied aircraft models which the air unit screen -> upgrade button says are eligible to be used by the unit.

Alfred

Who died and made you boss? It was a simple question not covered by the rule book that seems to be a bug. D'ah! FN forum troll! Be constructive NOT destructive or ego-centric. I know the mechanics of replacement A/C and how they work. Try restraining your ginormous ego from commenting on these forums unless you can be helpful.
Capt. Cliff
Andy Mac

Post by Andy Mac »

no additional aircraft what you get is what you get

no modern aircraft they go to the dutch sqns sering with the raaf
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Alfred

Who died and made you boss? It was a simple question not covered by the rule book that seems to be a bug. D'ah! FN forum troll! Be constructive NOT destructive or ego-centric. I know the mechanics of replacement A/C and how they work. Try restraining your ginormous ego from commenting on these forums unless you can be helpful.

1. You are without any doubt the rudest person on this forum, continuously insulting other people who provide assistance.

2. In your haste to be rude you dismissed my assistance. If it is true that you "know the mechanics of replacement A/C and how they work" you would see just how silly your OP was because knowing such mechanics would have answered your own question in full immediately. Instead you merely demonstrated your ignorance.

3. Putting aside your insult, what exactly in my post disclosed I have a "ginormous ego". More to the point what exactly is the relevance of that unsubstantiated assertion? Also point out what in my post was not helpful. Not everyone understands the mechanics of replacement A/C. How can anyone assume you actually know the mechanics and the information available when your OP demonstrates you do not. Or alternatively you were too lazy to do the necessary clicking to find out.

4. This is a public forum for the benefit of all and it is "policed" by all. It is not a private help desk to only help you at your beck and call. This is a democracy not a feudal kingdom and I very much doubt you are royalty who expects bespoke service as a right.

5. You say it is not covered by the rule book. To paraphrase Basil Fawlty, what exactly did you expect to find in the rule book; the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Sydney Opera House? The rule book explains replacement aircraft mechanics and from there you get the exact, direct answer to your question. No bug involved whatsoever; no need to waste anyone else's time on the subject.

6. I have detected that everytime someone provides you with an answer which discloses to third parties that you have not understood something quite simple, once you have realised that you have presented yourself as a dill, you immediately post an attack full of bile. Is it a defensive mechanism to hide your embarrassment?

7. I gave you reasons why these "issues" should be presented in the main forum. Your response and previous "form" indicates that you are very arrogant by believing you need special attention. It has been said before but I will repeat it. Michaelm does his work for no remuneration. He primarily concentrates on reading the Tech sub-forum. His time is limited and should not be wasted dealing with faux bugs. As it is you have wasted another devs time in giving you the answer which is found by going through the replacement A/C mechanics which you claim to understand. Or is Milord expecting his servile minions to do all the drudge work like clicking on buttons and conveying to Milord the answer thereby disclosed?

8. If you believe someone is a troll there is a mechanism to report them to Matrix. Go ahead and report me to Matrix. But be quick because I am quite fed up with how you regularly insult others. Surely the ease with which you lose your temper cannot be good for your blood pressure. Have you thought, for the benefit of your health you understand, that maybe you should walk away from playing this game and cease drawing attention to your mistakes or ignorance?

9. This also has been said before many a time. When a truly potential bug is discerned, it is incumbent on the poster to provide as much detail as possible and ideally also a saved file. You regularly fail to do these basic things. It should not be up to us to second guess the exact circumstances which confront Milord.

10. Can you point, from your many opened threads in the Tech sub forum where in you claim to have discovered a bug, a single occurance where it has been subsequently confirmed that it was a bug?

In some perverse way perhaps you derive some satisfaction in attempting to vent your spleen. Frankly I gave up a long time ago on the utility of giving you any assistance. I only bother to answer your posts when I believe someone else might derive some benefit. I note that many AE regulars who provide assistance do seem to not be as prominant in posting to your threads, or when they do, seem to limit the extent of their response to the bare minimum. Could there be any lessons to be learned in that?

Alfred

PS: You should broaden the range of your insults, they have become quite repetitive. If you are going to insult people, you should try to be a bit creative otherwise people may just simply stop taking notice of the repetitive insult. And where would the fun then lie if that occurred?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

[:)]
The Moose
Schorsch

Post by Schorsch »

dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Proving the adage that the keyboard is mightier than the sword!
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Thank you Alfred!!

I hope that at some point you will have cause to visit the Valley of the Sun so that I can offer you a tall frothy.  Cheers Mate!

Until then, I remain in awe of your eloquence.

[&o][&o][&o]

Pax
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Must be karma for the good guys in this season of goodwill.

Note this thread opened just today on the main AE forum.

tm.asp?m=3238652&mpage=1&key=&#3238672

I swear I did not put up the newbie to open it. It is however perfect timing to completely justify my first point made in this thread that the issue should have been raised in the main forum, not the Tech sub forum. Back in Australia we would simply say that this sequence of events contributes to making Milord look like a real Wally.

Alfred
Capt Cliff

Post by Capt Cliff »

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

no additional aircraft what you get is what you get

no modern aircraft they go to the dutch sqns sering with the raaf

Thanks Andy for a simple polite answer to my question.

Alfred, you are a fool. Grow up and get a life. An go live under a bridge where you belong, stupid troll.
Capt. Cliff
LoBaron

Post by LoBaron »

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff
Alfred, you are a fool. Grow up and get a life. An go live under a bridge where you belong, stupid troll.

Alfred forgot more about WitP AE than you will ever learn Cliff. But I guess you know that anyway.

If you cannot take the flak - as it seems to be the case considering your reaction - you can prevent exposing yourself by behaving within pretty easily
understandable forum guidelines. Which includes posting in specfic sections according to the topic of your post.

If you don´t, simply learn to take it like a man, and live with it. [;)]
MBF

Post by MBF »

ORIGINAL: LoBaron

Alfred forgot more about WitP AE than you will ever learn Cliff. But I guess you know that anyway.

If you cannot take the flak - as it seems to be the case considering your reaction - you can prevent exposing yourself by behaving within pretty easily
understandable forum guidelines. Which includes posting in specfic sections according to the topic of your post.

If you don´t, simply learn to take it like a man, and live with it. [;)]

++1
CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

Cliff,

Personal attacks in these forums are not tolerated. If the moderators don't happen to act, you might find a large number of people applying the green button. In that case, you'll never get any replies to your questions because no one will see them. I have never used the green button myself, but I'm coming mighty close.

As has been pointed out, Alfred knows more about this game than the rest of us put together. His verbiage can sometimes come across as arrogant, but you've been around long enough to know that's just his style and he is truly trying to help. Just think of him as the E F Hutton of the forums (if you're not old enough to remember, E F Hutton was a brokerage firm whose tag line was, "When E F Hutton talks, people listen").

Return to “Tech Support”