Slitherine is hiring a full-time programmer to help develop the turn-based air combat game Scramble: Battle of Britain. This position reports directly to the project’s lead programmer.
The core focus of this programmer will be building UI systems and designing the data structures that drive them, though as part of a small, agile team they will likely also work in other areas.
The most important skill required for this position is the ability to polish Unity systems to shippable quality. There is no requirement for years of professional experience.
● Work directly with designers and artists to prototype and implement UI
● Full responsibility for code driving semi-static screens such as menus, mission selection, and unit configuration
● Design and implement data structures for driving and saving campaigns, missions, and characters
● Assist with development of tutorial and user-experience systems
● General polishing and bug fixing throughout all game systems
● Engage daily over e-mail, voice, and/or chat apps to collaborate with teammates
● Familiarity with Unity and C#, especially the Unity UI framework
● Ability to write code that is readable and maintainable by multiple teammates of varying disciplines
● Willingness to ask questions and to ask for help
● Portfolio piece representative of candidate’s polished work
Full Time/Permanent Position