20 Years of Harpoon – this is Larry Bond's Harpoon Ultimate Edition! Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation and a must have for any Harpoon fan. The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included!
Larry Bond's Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled!
To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Harpoon and give fans who enjoy playing the older versions a great archival edition, Harpoon Ultimate Edition includes more than 20 previous releases of Computer Harpoon including Harpoon 3 v3.63 and Harpoon Classic. This allows players who have databases or scenarios tied to these older versions to continue to enjoy them for years to come, and it will also allow new players who purchase the Ultimate Edition access to this rich older content.
The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commander’s Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. Advanced Naval Warfare comes with a full suite of editors, upgrades and expansion to the sonar models, boarding actions, encrypted databases, and more! Commander’s Edition sports an all new EMCON AI, an expanded WestPac BattleSet, a greatly improved HCDB database, and more!
HARPOON ADVANCED NAVAL WARFARE
- Encrypted databases
- Boarding actions
- Advanced parameters for programming enemy forces in the Scenario Editor
- Sonar upgrades to model sonar closer to the actual Bond/Carlson models
- Game based Scenario Editor (H3SE) Game based Database Editor (H3DC) MS Access based Reimer Database Editor (H3RE)
- New musical theme
- Additional platform pictures and hand painted pictures from DigitalMilitaryArt.com
- Updated, expanded, and re-organized manuals And more!
HARPOON COMMANDERS EDITION
- Expanded WestPac BattleSet
- New EMCON AI that tells the AI when to turn on sensors and prompts player to turn on sensors
- Many new command line switches for the Game Engine and Scenario Editor
- Updated HCDB Database including but not limited to Shi Lang (Varyag) CV China DF-21C ASBM Bty China JAS.39C Gripen - South Africa Manthatisi (T209/1400) SS - South Africa P-8I Poseidon - India
- Many new hotkeys for a wide variety of interface controls
- Air to Air guns in aircraft loadouts now work allowing much better modelling of WWII air warfare
- Implemented a new Escort jamming model with greater variability in the protection a jammer can offer nearby groups against distant radars
- Unit Window now uses the same zoom levels as the Group Window and can use the Textured Land and Water settings
- Added the stopped clock time compression option (the ability to pause without the pause dialog preventing map traversal and menu traversal). Also effected with Ctrl-Alt-p hotkey.
- Scenario Designers can now add a platform of a particular name to a scenario any number of times, allowing more units of a Class than the database recognizes. This is particularly useful for land-based air defense units
- Scenario designers can now successfully use Staff Notes to send the player messages at specific times in the scenario. And more!
© 2010 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Larry Bond's Harpoon Ultimate Edition, Slitherine Ltd. and their Logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The most complete anthology of computer Harpoon ever assembled with builds stretching from Harpoon Alpha 880916 all the way to the latest and greatest versions of Advanced Naval Warfare (v3.10) and Commanders Edition (v2009.050)!
Plenty of extras and bonuses like new editors, more documentation, and improved art Tons of features and improvements to both Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition
OS Windows 10/11 CPU 800 MHz CPU (1 GHz+ Recommended) RAM 512 MB RAM (1 GB Recommended) Video 32 MB Video Card (64 MB Preferred) Sound 16 bit Sound Card (DirectX 8+ Compatible) HDD 3GB Temporary space free on C: Drive during installation, plus 3.5 GB free, uncompressed hard drive space on installation drive DirectX DirectX 9.0c or higher