Timed passes

Questions, comments, suggestions regarding the use of the PDS to create and modify plays and formations for Maximum-Football

Moderator: David Winter

frunky

Timed passes

Post by frunky »

Has anybody gotten a timed bullet pass to work

I can't get the quarterback to throw it in the right direction

These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo
rotor911

RE: Timed passes

Post by rotor911 »

I did but it's a very simple play where the TE moves 5 yards then stands (a hitch?) and, even like that, there are failed passes time to time when practicing against no defense
Magnum357

Post by Magnum357 »

Ya, I having a very difficult time getting just simple Pass Patterns to work out with the PDS, even in "Dry Runs" against no Defensive Opposition. As for Times/Bullet passes, I have no clue. Seems like every pass IS a Bullet pass and its harder then hell for me too get the QB to throw to the right Receiver. And even if he does throw to the right Receiver, he usually lead the pass to much and results in many Incomplete Passes. As it is right now, I think the "Lob Pass" has no functionality that I can see.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I haven't gotten any timed passes to work. I gave up and use the read option (and hope my QB is smart enough to pull it off).
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
mark1726

Post by mark1726 »

ORIGINAL: frunky

Has anybody gotten a timed bullet pass to work

I can't get the quarterback to throw it in the right direction

I don't know why people are having a hard time passing the ball. I have gotten bullet passes, lob passes and standard read passes to all work in the game. Granted, I agree there is not a big enough difference between "lob" and "bullet", but they both work.

What team are you using to practice it with? Maybe it is a problem with the QB or WR ratings? I use the US Proffesional team Washington. The QB (#9) does everything I ask him to do though he does put it into coverage sometimes.
"Those who do not read and understand history are doomed to repeat it." - Harry Truman
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: mark1726

What team are you using to practice it with? Maybe it is a problem with the QB or WR ratings? I use the US Proffesional team Washington. The QB (#9) does everything I ask him to do though he does put it into coverage sometimes.

I use the same team and have great difficulty getting any timed pass to work.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
Magnum357

Post by Magnum357 »

Same here. I have used almost all the US Teams and even a a few Indoor teams and Custom teams. For some reason, the QB just does not throw well, even in "Dry Runs" with no Defensive Opposition. When I first start practicing the play in "Practice Mode" usually the play works out ok for a few attempts, but after a while if you keep practicing a play over and over in Practic Mode, the QB's passing becames erratic and misses the receiver. Now if I leave practice mode then relauch Practice mode again, the play seems to again work out for a few good plays, but then runs into the same problem as before where the QB throws erratically after several attempts of Practice. In a "Dry Run" with no Defensive Opposition, the play should work 9 times out of 10. Mabye there is some sort of Memory leak problem in the engine where after several attempts of the same play, the game automatically creates Incompletes too keep it from being an "AI busting" play.
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

I played around with the PDS today and timed passes. I was having a very hard time getting them to complete (0 to 20% only)[:@]. I tried adjusting the target and had a small success. However, I moved the QB back a few more yards before he released and started hitting 80%[:D] of my passes. These were short routes, but it was the extra distance and not neccesary the time that made different since I had first started giving the QB a wait command w/ no effect. I tried it with different teams in the practice field w/ similar results.
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Play Development System (PDS)”