Noobie problem with 51 Arm Inf Bn in Tutorial

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

midgard30

Noobie problem with 51 Arm Inf Bn in Tutorial

Post by midgard30 »

Hi to all,

I've just bought the game and I'm learning the basics with the tutorial scenario. I'm trying to recreate the capture of the Steinbruck Bridge as shown in the tutorial videos. Everything works fine, for all my units except the 51 Arm Inf Bn. When I coordinate the B.35 tank and B.Bty with the 51 Bn to reach the top the hill, the 51 Bn do not move. They stay behind the top. The result is that B tank and B Bty reach the summit alone, at the mercy of german units.

I dont know why 51 Bn is so coward. 318 inf Bn do their assault exactly as expected. For 51 Bn, I did check their FUP and Assault tasks to know when they're supposed to start and end. For unknown reason, after few minutes the assault has started, 51 HQ seems to change the plan and decides to delay the assault for about 1 hour. I don't know what to do, since I can't fire and replace the commander.[;)]

Any advice for a beginner?
Arjuna

RE: Noobie problem with 51 Arm Inf Bn in Tutorial

Post by Arjuna »

Welcome macob30. The game engine has been patched a few times since the tutorial was done and things now don't play out exactly as the original tutorial movie indicates. In regard to the 51st Bn it is obviously taking longer to form up, so I would recommend you sliup the coordinating times by one hour. That should see everyone arriving together.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

Thanks Arjuna, I suspected that it was the reason. Now, I'm wondering why it is so long, compared to 318th Bn, to reorganize units. Is it because delay is now more realistic for Mechanized infantry or another reason like terrain, tactical situation, etc.?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I'm not sure without stepping through the code from a saved game. I'll try and get to this in due course and let you know.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

From your description it seems you are adding non-organic units to the task? This will increase command load, and may significantly increase command delays if the HQ becomes overloaded.
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

ORIGINAL: Lieste

From your description it seems you are adding non-organic units to the task? This will increase command load, and may significantly increase command delays if the HQ becomes overloaded.

I'm not sure that I understand your question (I'm far from knowing the game, I only try to finish the tutorial and there are lot of concepts that I don't master). The only orders I gave to the 51st Battalion HQ (only, I did not included any units that belong to another HQ) is a FUP and an assault on the Steinbruck bridge, as shown in the tutorial. I tried many times, and every time they "refuse" to advance; except for the Engineer unit, all others stay behind the top of the hill. I let the game play and past noon, they were still at the same position. Don't know what to do with them... [&:]
midgard30

Post by midgard30 »

Hi,

I tried the tutorial again from the beginning, and I may have found why 51st was so slow to attack (I may be wrong though). So what I did was to send 51st and 318th at the Steinbruck Bridge but without sending B.35 tank and B Battery, and they both made their assault as expected. I think that what could have happened before is that I sent B.35 Tank and B Battery to soon, and it may have interfered with the assault of 51st battalion. I tried a second time, adding B.35 Tank and B Battery to the assault, but much later than previously (after 51st was engaged with the first German units). Again, 51st behaved more as expected. Is this plausible? Anyway, I'm still learning, and as I could see there's a lot to know. Finding the best tactics is part of the fun, but I will have to get used to this real time concept and autonomous AI commanders.
heyhellowhatsnew

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

Yeah when I tried to recreate the tutorial everything ended up a hot mess so I put the game down. I will get back to it soon, or maybe if there is a good tutorial AAR i'll check it out quicker.
OldBlackNerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

We know that in the released beta patch there's some odd behaviour with assault role assignments so I'd wait and see what the next version/release does.

Return to “Tech Support”