[REL] 250 Halb Ketten PACK

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: EagleMountainDK

spellir74

[REL] 250 Halb Ketten PACK

Post by spellir74 »

__250 Halb Ketten PACK__ (light half tracks)

- 250 STOCK** ...re-done to fit new schema

- 250 Neu ...late war

- 250/09 ...recon turret, closed hull top

- 250/11 sPzBuk ...with fancy AT gun

- 'le Halbkette' ...250 "Staff command, observation, spot [arti & LW], communication tech" representative (with bedframe antenna, 'funkwg')

("Le HalbKette" ob-com is representative of 253 and 250/x.)

---------------
Pack includes...

.new gun XML: 'Mpi_vehicle' (= one German machine pistol; goes with 'le halbkette ob com', just for strateegery, you understand.)

.new dds textures for all 250s (good interiors, MGs colored right(de browned), no wheel-halo etc). (The stock desert DDS textures are unused by the game; but I repaired them (the pink issues etc) and included them anyway.) 250 folder has saves of '___STOCK' in it.

.Normals =
-Fewer bullet ricochets on 250 stock and 250 Neu
-More ricochets --ie stock level-- on 250/09 and /11, signifying longer service and late war looming disastrous odds.

.new crew dds textures. Officer with _Iron cross, mustache and officer hat_; field-capped 'recon tank comm' with 20mm clip; drivers with M43 field-caps, blond and not, for 250/09 and le Halbkette ob com.) I gave the blond commander eyebrows: much better.

.New body models [.x files]:

**This pack uses as base an included 'fixed version' of the stock 250 vehicle model [.x file]. STOCK: axle didn't make it to wheel, headlight case didn't make it to face.

Note 'le Halb Kette ob com' model has interior Machinenpistol, tech/map table; 09 has ammo crate; 250/11 has interior ammo crate; 250 Neu moves rifle to exit door; removed or moved rear MG mount on non stock; special /09 body with enclosed hull top (can be used as root for 253 spot and 252 ammo, if /when).

(Multiple Neu body types seen out on net. Some with no fenders and out-sloped rears; lower/fallen bogie suspension. [All very late war.] I choose variant with fenders, in-sloped rear, classic suspension.)

.New crew models [.x files]. (These stock had bad shoulders --But I fixed them manually a while ago before I knew there was a "DE Treatment".)

.All Animations. Including... Crews breath; And die better. And all vehicles do their thing, of course.

.All compendiums.

------
NOTE this is an older image. The models have changed somewhat. (SEE POST 9 BELOW)

Attachments
250s.jpg
250s.jpg (449.2 KiB) Viewed 305 times
test

spellir74

RE: [REL] 250 Halb Ketten PACK

Post by spellir74 »

250 Neu! (late war)

Attachments
250NeuETC.jpg
250NeuETC.jpg (433.69 KiB) Viewed 305 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

============================
_NOTE on Transporting characteristics_

250s didn't just carry full squads. So...

-250 stock and 250Neu each carry tm (or sniper) inside, and if squad one man on hull.

-250s _with guns_ are SPs not APC; and le Halbkette is Stabff or funk/tech. So...

-They carry one man (sniper) inside; one or two more men on hull if larger units are mounted.

...Good solution I think.

===========================

250 "le Halbkette" ob com by design will not show up in Random Battles; ie "rgb=false" in the .XML file.

==============
.!!!! A BONUS UNIT, INDIRECT/OFF MAP -- "WURFRAHMEN 40" (SP 30cm Rocket launcher to go with future release of 251 HT pack).

Caliber-280:Fpwr=8; less destructive at 3; more stun to 6 [stock Nebel, for reference-- caliber-150:FPwr=5; Dest=2; Stun=5].

A new '30cm Wurfkoerper rocket' included in gun folder.

The First Half of the 250 Pack zip...

_(Second and final half is next post.)_
Attachments
250 HalbKette PACK_1.zip
(2.64 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

The second and final half of the 250 Pack zip...

Attachments
250HalbKettePACK_2.zip
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

=============
INSTALLATION of '250 HalbKette Pack':

250/11 needs Mobius' "sPzBuk 41" gun. It is included in this pack.

----
[!!! First if you have a previous unofficial _version_ of this 250 HT Pack (which is out there), delete that in its entirity.]

Unzip both '250 HalbKette Packs' in order 1 & 2.

Then drop pack_2's 'ArmouredUnit' folder into pack_1's data folder; Choose yes to overwrite. You built the complete 250 HT pack there.

Next drop that complete pack's 'Data' folder into main _PzC_ folder. Choose yes to overwrite. (You should have two verison of PzC on your HDD: one stock and one that is mod heavy. The stock files this pack overwites are seen as "____STOCK".)

----
This pack will overwrite a previously given by spellir 'sPzBuk41____mob'; the included 'sPzBuk41___mob' is _no different_ from that one. If you have Mobius' sPzBuk41, you can omit this pack's one (or delete his).

(The gun XML 'MPi_veh' replaces a much earlier 'SMG_veh' [from my 'Ger livery pack']. Leaving the 'SMG_veh' gun harms nothing but it should be deleted.)

In your PzC ArmouredUnits folder delete stock XML file "sdkfz 250". (Note just the stock XML file not the stock 250 folder.)

test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

250 INFO PACK.

This has a real good 250 INFO sheet in it. Better than my recon one.

Attachments
250INFOPack.zip
(4.6 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

250 SPECS in the XML files...

Attachments
250HTXMLspecs.jpg
250HTXMLspecs.jpg (122.08 KiB) Viewed 305 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

A new scenario "Kessel 44!" that uses most of my [Spellir] mods was made with the completion of this pack. It was made as a showcase but it has okay playability and it is quick too.

It is in the appropriate PzC forum [06/23/2009].

fb.asp?m=2147266
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

More 250 MOD details...

Attachments
examples.jpg
examples.jpg (226.75 KiB) Viewed 304 times
test

spellir74

Post by spellir74 »

ORIGINAL: spellir74

250 INFO PACK.

This has a real good 250 INFO sheet in it. Better than my recon one.

Well if no one is going to download the info sheet, I'm going to post it here. So there! ..hrrmm...

===============

Sd. Kfz. 250 leichte (le.) Schützenpanzerwagen. (Two hull types: "Alte"=pre-1943 and "Neu"=post-1943 (similar to the 251-D type).)

===============
_Sd Kfz 250/1 _le. SPW /Halbgruppenwagen. Half squad carrier.

_Sd Kfz 250/2 _le. Fernsprechbauwagen /Fernsprechpanzerwagen. Equipped with cable laying gear.

_Sd Kfz 250/3 _le. Funkpanzerwagen /FunkWg. Equiped with radio equipment and "bedstead" aerial frame. Command; Rommel liked ("Griff').

_Sd Kfz 250/4 _le. Beobachtungspanzerwagen (für Artillerie oder luftwaffe). Radio; Observation vehicle for Sturmgeschütz detachment and arti.

(sd Kfz 250/4 _le. Truppenluftschützpanzerwagen. Antiaircraft variant armed with a dual MG34 --never reached production.)

_Sd Kfz 250/5 _le. Messtrupp-Panzerwagen /Beobachtungspanzerwagen. Observation and command vehicle; scissors telescope. Additional radio equipment.

_Sd Kfz 250/6 _le. Munitionspanzerwagen. Ammunition carrier for assault guns; replaced the earlier SdKfz 252.
Ausf A : 70 rounds -- 75mm StuK (Sturmkanone) 37 L/24; kurz (short).
Ausf B : 60 rounds -- 75mm StuK 40 L/48 Sturmkanone.

_Sd Kfz 250/7 _le. SPW (8cm schwerer Granatwerfer)...
Model A : 'GrW-Pzwagen' carrying an 80mm Mortar.
Model B : 'Munitionsfahrzeug' (ammunition truck) carrying 66 rounds extra ammunition for the Model A.

_Sd Kfz 250/8 _le. SPW (75mm KWK L/24) /Kanonen-Panzerwagen (/Kanonenwagen). Support variant mounting a 75mm KwK 37 L/24 gun and an MG 34.

_Sd Kfz 250/9 _le. SPW (2cm KwK38 L/55-Drehturm) /SpähpzWagen. Reconnaissance variant with a 2cm KwK 38 'Maschinenkanone' (autocannon) and a coaxial MG34 or MG42 in turret identical to the SdkFz-222 armoured car (early version) and the kfz-234/1 armoured car (late version).

_Sd Kfz 250/10 _le. SPW (37mm PaK 36). Reconnaissance platoon leader's variant with 37mm PaK 35/36. This was the same antitank gun used in a towed mode early in the war. No or small gun shield.

_Sd Kfz 250/11 _le. SPW mit schwere Panzerbüchse 41 (28mm) (Zugführer-SPW). With 2.8 cm sPzB 41 heavy anti-tank rifle and an MG-34.

_Sd Kfz 250/12 _le. Messtrupp-Auswertewagen /Messtruppanzerwagen. Survey and artillery range spotting vehicle.

First armoured body built on the chassis. 285 produced 3/40 - 6/41; Many still at end. StuG commanders and by artillery units.

_Sd. Kfz. 252 le. gep. Munitionskraftwagen /Munitionstransportwagen. Ammunition carrier for Sturmgeschütz.

Second armoured vehicle on the Demag D7 chassis (note sloping rear plate and early wheels). 413 built 1-9/41. StuG units...
Early StuG's -short L/24 Ammo.
Later StuG's -longer L/43-L/48; Was replaced by SdKfz 260/6 A and B.
(The 252 usually towed a 1 ton Sd.Anh.32 ammunition trailer)

- - - - - - - - - - -

Developed to provide transport for half platoons of reconnaissance infantry, following development of 252 and 253.

Twelve official variants.

Redesigned in 1943 with less angular shape to improve production time and minimise costs; greater interior space with no loss of ballistic protection. (Like larger cousin the SdKfz 251 ausf D half-track.)

__The Pre-1943 "Alte" Body__

4250 examples produced --June 1941 to October 1943.

Ammunition trailers often seen being towed by the earlier SdKfz 250 series vehicles.

Underwent production changes; many features from SdKfz 252 and 253 carried over to early production SdKfz 250 vehicles.

Early Pre-1943 Body Features:
:Sharp-edged vertical-sided track guards without a rim on the outer edge.
:Lifting hooks on the corners of the engine deck and roof (Sd. Kfz. 252, 253, 250/3 "Greif").
:A vision port in the rear door.
:Headlights attached to the front side engine compartment armour.
:Pick stowed on the left upper hull side.
:Vision ports for the drivers' had two slits.
:Bolt detail around all vision ports and rain guards above the drivers' vision ports.
:Indicator stalks were carried on the upper hull sides, just in front of the side vision ports (Sd. Kfz. 252, 253 only).

Note curved front belly plate under the nose armour.

Along with the SdKfz 252 and 253, very early SdKfz 250 vehicles such as Rommel's "Greif" still featured the hull side tool stowage, double-slit vision ports with bolt detail, rimless track guards, side positioned headlights, lifting hooks on the engine deck, and vision port in the rear door.

Later Pre-1943 Body Features:
:Lifting hooks deleted.
:Headlights repositioned to sockets on inner edge of track guards as on the Sd. Kfz. 251.
:Vision port in rear door deleted.
:Bolt detail around front vision ports and rain guards deleted.
:Tools repositioned to both front track-guards.
:Tarpaulin clips added around crew compartment.
:Front vision ports to single slits.
:Indicator stalks were repositioned to the track-guards.
:Rimmed track-guards with rounded corners.

__The Post-1943 "Neu" Body__

2378 were built --October 1943 to spring 1945.

The major changes were:
:A single nose plate instead of two.
:The engine deck was widened to almost the entire width of the body.
:The angled body sides were replaced by vertical sides which greatly increased interior room.
:Mudguards were simplified. :Integrated stowage bins were added to the lower sides.

Used for a variety of roles --just like the earlier type.

(I've seen 75mm Kurz on 250 Neu --but without sloped rear. I've seen multiple 250 Neu hull and track types.)

==================================
mostly armoured recon
1943 sdk250 new; fewer angles; phase out 44.

Other than that, I don't know 'doctrine' for these 250 gunned versions.

=====================
250 = June/1941 1 tonne

carries com, driver, 4 troops.

Alte 4250 built to 10/43
Neu 2378 built (phase out in '44)

(singular 'Recce')

sdkfz 222 out mid 43

test

Mobius

sPzBuk ...with fancy AT gun

Post by Mobius »

I encountered a problem with making APCR the main or only round type a gun uses. It runs out of APCR real fast and in a short time the gun will be useless.
I wonder if APDS or HVAP type can be substituted. Since these types aren't used in PCK they may not run out so fast. I guess testing is needed.

What really is the solution is an additional type of APCNR (or at least APCN if only 4 letters are allowed) should be added.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
spellir74

RE: sPzBuk ...with fancy AT gun

Post by spellir74 »

ORIGINAL: Mobius
I encountered a problem with making APCR the main or only round type a gun uses. It runs out of APCR real fast and in a short time the gun will be useless.
I wonder if APDS or HVAP type can be substituted. Since these types aren't used in PCK they may not run out so fast. I guess testing is needed.

What really is the solution is an additional type of APCNR (or at least APCN if only 4 letters are allowed) should be added.

A musceled up ATR as new gun XML would avoid this. This wouldn't be inaccurate either.

It is just a question of what range and penetration values in the new XML...
test

Mobius

RE: sPzBuk ...with fancy AT gun

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: spellir74
ORIGINAL: Mobius

A musceled up ATR as new gun XML would avoid this. This wouldn't be inaccurate either.

It is just a question of what range and penetration values in the new XML...
The way I found this was I thought it would be more accurate if all ATRs fired APCR since the bullet had a hard solid core inside a softer sheath. Unfortunately the ATRs started running out of APCR after a few shots. So I have to turn them all back to AP.[:@]
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”