CFL roster requirements

Discussion of the rules of football and how they pertain to the game.

Moderator: David Winter

marcntx

CFL roster requirements

Post by marcntx »

Just wondering what the CFL roster limitations are. I read somewhere that the CFL allows for 39 active players, but MF has a 40 player roster option (among others.) Can I start a season with 39 players on the roster? The reason I'm asking is that some CFL rosters I'm finding only list 39 players. Just curious.
David Winter

RE: CFL roster requirements

Post by David Winter »

From CFL.ca

The roster size for a CFL team is 46 active players with 42 available for game day rosters. Three of the 40 are quarterbacks and can be either imports or non-imports with no restrictions. Of the remaining 39 players, no more than 19 may be imports. Therefore the maximum amount of imports allowed per team is 22.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Orange Shoes

Post by Orange Shoes »

Back in the day, the roster sizes were smaller. Back in 1986 the rules changed: The CFL amended the quota to 35-man game rosters (13 Imports, 19 Non-imports and three Quarterbacks).
Great White

Post by Great White »

[font="Courier New"]Orange Shoes,

So, what is it now? 39-Players?
[/font]
Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM
Brockleigh

Post by Brockleigh »

Great White,

David Winter has answered your question above.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Orange Shoes

Post by Orange Shoes »

Thanks Brock!
Great White

Post by Great White »

[font="Courier New"]Brockleigh,

Thanks.

A little off topic; however, not much space taken-up.

The In-Line Posting is less features right? Or should I use in-line posting because it is less chances of problems?
[/font]
Thank you. Not racist/favorite animal. Hate Madden/NCAA/Industry is behind. Past-coach/player/sports radio/referee, now-private: teacher/coach/owner-Great White's Sports Association-FootBall/Rugby/Lacrosse, planned-late ‘2010. Student/industry person? PM

Return to “Rules”