Sky Background in Front of Hills?

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

Andy Brown

Sky Background in Front of Hills?

Post by Andy Brown »

I've noticed on some maps (for instance Kharkov_l3a) with high terrain features that the sky background seems to appear in front of those features.

Is this something to do with my installation or a fault/feature of the particular map files?

Thanks,

Andy
rickier65

RE: Sky Background in Front of Hills?

Post by rickier65 »

Andy,

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Is it visible in this screenshot? If you can post a pic it might help. To get a pic, use F8 in the game. Then go to the screens folder in the game. PCO saves as a BMP, but you you need jpeg to post here. I use Paint.net (it's free) to convert the images. just load the screen capture (it has a file name that includes a time and date). Then save it as a jpeg.

Then here in forum, check the Embed Picture in post box just below this typing area. and then click the 'Click here to upload', browse to your converted jpeg screenshot and click on it. then make sure you submit the message when it's done uploading.

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
skymat.jpg
skymat.jpg (161.55 KiB) Viewed 96 times
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

Hmmm, looks like it's my system. Any help appreciated.

Should have attached a screeny to my OP.

Andy

Attachments
l3aSky.jpg
l3aSky.jpg (63.3 KiB) Viewed 96 times
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

It looks like your getting some light effects. I've seen something similar on some of the river scenes in a couple of the maps. Or it may be the way zFar is kicking in as you move farther from the map. You might check your video settings in configuration and see if it helps. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Perhaps someone else here might have a suggestion.

Thanks
rick

Return to “Tech Support”