Random Crashes

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

k9mike

Random Crashes

Post by k9mike »

Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing radom crashes...similar to what game would do in past. I have had 2 already with the new patch all have happened in the same current game I am playing. (PBEM Game/dropbox).
Mike
Yoozername

RE: Random Crashes

Post by Yoozername »

I have also had these. Intermittant crashes to windows with a 'report error' box opening. Perhaps we should start listing our systems etc. Can this crash data be captured and reported?

My system

Windows xp
Pentium D 3.4 GHz
4 GB DDR2 800MHz
SATA II HD
9400GT 1 GB vid card

All the drivers are the latest. Demo ran fine but I didn't play the demo that much.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Its kind a like the way it would crash before....just thought that maybe with the patch this would have been addressed and fixed. It didnt happen alot before, but found it strange that it has happened 2 times already on a MP game I am currently playing.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

It would be good to know the scenarios to see if the crashes are scenario specific. there may be some indication in the logfile that might shed some light. We tried to find and squelsh as many of these as we could

Thanks
Rick

k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Rick, it was in the Stalingrad Railroad map.(not sure the exact name) I am starting to wonder if it may be because I made the map before the patch....then patched the game...and eventually started the game with JMASS. Do you think this could be the issue?? Hopefully is just a glitch and wont happen again. Not sure if you want the logfile....could email it to you if you like.
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Rick, it was in the Stalingrad Railroad map.(not sure the exact name) I am starting to wonder if it may be because I made the map before the patch....then patched the game...and eventually started the game with JMASS. Do you think this could be the issue?? Hopefully is just a glitch and wont happen again. Not sure if you want the logfile....could email it to you if you like.
Mike

Is it a Random Battle on that Map? If so can you send me the game file. The scenario file that your'e playing.

Thanks
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Do you get these in processing or in pathing? I think the only time I have gotten CTD is when I path a platoon and the game just locks and CTD. That might be it trying to move the entire platoon's units in a too complicated or long path or move more than one unit to the same spot. I haven't been able to ever get it to repeat from a save.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

That might be it...It happened when I was moving an infantry unit. Can't remember what I did the other time... but on this last one it was what you said.
This is on a regular set battle map. Not a random map.
Rick I sent you an email with the log file. If there is a different one you need just let me know, and where it can be found.
mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

That might be it...It happened when I was moving an infantry unit. Can't remember what I did the other time... but on this last one it was what you said.
This is on a regular set battle map. Not a random map.
Rick I sent you an email with the log file. If there is a different one you need just let me know, and where it can be found.
mike

The log file you sent had a lot of errors related to loading units. That's why I was asking about which scenario, so that I could check the units in that scenario.

Thanks
rick
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Ok thanks Rick
It was the set battle Stalingrad station or something like that. Not the one with number 13 in it...the other one. Sorry, just can't remember the actual name..
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Ok thanks Rick
It was the set battle Stalingrad station or something like that. Not the one with number 13 in it...the other one. Sorry, just can't remember the actual name..
Mike

I know which one you mean. Thanks.

Rick
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Rick

Ok thanks Rick
Mike

I know which one you mean. Thanks.

Rick

I checked the Scenario file and did not find any problem with the scenario data, but the log file you sent me definitely indicated some data errors.

Thanks
Rick
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Rick, could it be contributed to possibly being made (game setup) prior to being patched??
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick, could it be contributed to possibly being made (game setup) prior to being patched??

Perhaps, I really don't know. I think the errors I saw in the log should have actually stopped the game from even starting the scenario.

Thanks
rick
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Well....Atleast its working now...lol. Hopefully it will not crash anymore during the battle. It hasnt so far...Will keep fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help support Rick.
Mike
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Well....Atleast its working now...lol. Hopefully it will not crash anymore during the battle. It hasnt so far...Will keep fingers crossed. Thanks again for the help support Rick.
Mike

Glad to help Mike, though I didn't really do anything useful!

Thanks
rick
Yoozername

Post by Yoozername »

I had a crash to windows 'report' when playing the tutorial scenario with the full game.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Yoozername

I had a crash to windows 'report' when playing the tutorial scenario with the full game.

there is a log file that can be found in the log folder. That file might contain an indication of what caused the problem (not always, but sometimes).

Thanks
rick
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

Hmm, I've been getting crashes now since the most recent patch -- solid as a rock before. CTD's with the Window's 'the application has stopped working' message (...I love that Windows asks if I would like for it to look for a solution. Why yes, that would be splendid. It might as well ask me if I'd like a highball of single malt scotch. I'd like both, and have about as much confidence that Windows could do either.)

As I was saying --

Playing the Kursk South (North?) campaign -- the Prokhorovka battle. Seems to CTD during the "Simulating Turn" phase. Not every turn, but now about 12 turns in, and it's happened now 3 times.

My specs, for the record:

Sager NP8120 laptop
Intel Quad-core i7 820QM
Nvidia SLI GTX 285M's
4 GB 1333MHz dual-channel RAM
Windows 7 x64
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

Hmm, I've been getting crashes now since the most recent patch -- solid as a rock before. CTD's with the Window's 'the application has stopped working' message (...I love that Windows asks if I would like for it to look for a solution. Why yes, that would be splendid. It might as well ask me if I'd like a highball of single malt scotch. I'd like both, and have about as much confidence that Windows could do either.)

As I was saying --

Playing the Kursk South (North?) campaign -- the Prokhorovka battle. Seems to CTD during the "Simulating Turn" phase. Not every turn, but now about 12 turns in, and it's happened now 3 times.

My specs, for the record:

Sager NP8120 laptop
Intel Quad-core i7 820QM
Nvidia SLI GTX 285M's
4 GB 1333MHz dual-channel RAM
Windows 7 x64

Sandman,

Do you have any mods installed? Also, can you check your log file after it crashes and maybe post it or attach it to a post here?

Thanks
Rick

Return to “Tech Support”