Problem downloading beta patch

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

olebouch

Problem downloading beta patch

Post by olebouch »

Not able to download the beta patch. It keeps timing out and giving various errors. i have also tried using flash get, but the download will not start. If I try to DL too many times, the server blocks my IP. I really want to install the beta path, is there any other site hosting it?
rickier65

RE: Problem downloading beta patch

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: olebouch

Not able to download the beta patch. It keeps timing out and giving various errors. i have also tried using flash get, but the download will not start. If I try to DL too many times, the server blocks my IP. I really want to install the beta path, is there any other site hosting it?

There are a couple of FAQs in the support area that might help : http://www.matrixgames.com/support/browse.asp?id=1.
I notice that one of the FAQs specifically mentions that FLASHGET doesn't work with the Matrix Servers.

You might also open a ticket. I don't know any other server hosting it, but someone else might know of one.

Let us know if the options above don't help.

thanks
rick

LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I am having the same problem. I have tried to download this new patch twice now, and it is still timing out. Sounds like a problem with the FTP.

Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The official update will be released soon, maybe they removed the beta because of that.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

That would explain it. I've tried three times now with different web browsers and it always hangs at 99% with 4 seconds to go. Just have to be patient.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

It could also be your anti virus taking too long to scan the files and the connection gives up waiting.

We all use filezilla to download from the FTP but not sure how that would work with the members club.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Well, I figured that I would give trying to download the newest patch a bit of a rest, about a month or so now. However, still times out right at 342Mb and three seconds. I made sure my anti-virus software wasn't blocking or scanning the download but still no luck. Would really like to have this patch if it is available.

Thanks,
Chris.
eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

Do you have dropbox? I can upload and share it with you. Let me know.
eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

PM me your email addy.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I just installed a down-loader program and the new PCO patch still crashes at 341 Mb with about 4 seconds to go. However, I got an error message that says "530 Permission Denied" and a window that asks for my user name and password. The download program also shows the download as a broken link. I am also having problems downloading all the patches for the JTCS games. This is getting very frustrating as I am able to download programs and patches for other games from other sites with no problems at all.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The problem is on your end. Other people and myself (last night for instance) have no trouble at all, without a download manager. I use Firefox and avast antivirus, on Windows XP as admin.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Yes, I understand that. I will have to install Firefox and give it a whirl. BTW, eniced73 was kind enough to send me a link to his Drop Box account and I was finally able to get the patch. Thanks for all the help.
ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The problem is on your end. Other people and myself (last night for instance) have no trouble at all, without a download manager. I use Firefox and avast antivirus, on Windows XP as admin.

Return to “Tech Support”