Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ??

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

Andy Brown

Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ??

Post by Andy Brown »

What does this mean? We're getting it when my opponent trys to load for the first time a scenario that I saved using the Scenario Editor.

Andy Brown
junk2drive

RE: Player/Opponent md5-hash-keys are out of sync ??

Post by junk2drive »

Your opponent needs the scenario and map files that you created.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

So let me check I've got this right.

I used the Scenario editor to create a scenario using an existing map that came with the game so I don't need to send any map files ('cos he should already have it).

I created a scenario so I send him the MyScenario.xml file which he puts in his Data\Scenario folder.

I start a new game which generates a .sav and a .xml file (with lots of #'s) which I send him and he puts in his PBM folder.

He then starts his game and loads from his multiplayer menu.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Sounds correct.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

I used the Scenario editor to create a scenario using an existing map that came with the game so I don't need to send any map files ('cos he should already have it).

I created a scenario so I send him the MyScenario.xml file which he puts in his Data\Scenario folder.

I start a new game which generates a .sav and a .xml file (with lots of #'s) which I send him and he puts in his PBM folder.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy

From memory the scenario files automatically get shared when you start a pbem (as they are small) but the map files do not. So you need to make sure your opponent has your map prior to starting the pbem.

Also make sure there are no edits made to any units xmls. If any edits have been made the game considers that you may not be gaming on an even playing field. Finally you need to be both playing with the same game version (same patch level).

Cheers

S.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Stridor

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Andy

From memory the scenario files automatically get shared when you start a pbem (as they are small) but the map files do not. So you need to make sure your opponent has your map prior to starting the pbem.

Also make sure there are no edits made to any units xmls. If any edits have been made the game considers that you may not be gaming on an even playing field. Finally you need to be both playing with the same game version (same patch level).

Cheers

S.

The scenario files do get shared automatically if you're using Dropbox (or other file sharing site), but for a traditional PBEM game I think it needs to be mailed along with the turn.

Thanks!
Rick

Return to “Tech Support”