Random campaign, random battle not working

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

RJL5188

Random campaign, random battle not working

Post by RJL5188 »

I have tried to get the randome campaign generator and random battle generator to work and it keeps on asking me if i want to run scripts on my page...then when i open the window...i get missing graphics and it doesnt seem to work...i must be doing something wrong or perhaps i didnt install the game correctly...i hve the game with the current beta patch

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 235 times
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
junk2drive

RE: Random campaign, random battle not working

Post by junk2drive »

Do you have the game installed in C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

yes i do
"Remember. This is a military operation. They NEVER go according to plan." ---Gen. Beck to Col. Stauffenberg (VALKYRIE)
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Could be your security settings are stopping you from running unknown scripts. Try finding the PzCRBg.hta in the main folder. Right click it and see if you can run as admin.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

yes...i can run it as admin and i keep on getting the same thing
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: rjl518

yes...i can run it as admin and i keep on getting the same thing

Do you have any trouble running the rest of the game?

Rick
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

the game and the scenarios play okay...but map maker...random campaign..and random battle look like what i showed you
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

the game and the scenarios play okay...but map maker...random campaign..and random battle look like what i showed you

what is your operating system. It sounds like you're having a problem running hta apps.

Your file associations might not be set to the default. If you're using Win 7, go to the Game folder root (the main PCO folder).
find the file named: PzCRBg.hta. This is the Random Battle Generator.

Right click on this file to bring up a file menu. Then choose properties. from the properties go to the General Tab. It should look like the screen below.

It should show that it opens with the Micorsoft HTML Application Host. If it shows something else, click on the change button and change it to open with Microsoft HTML Application Host (this is the default setting for hta's I believe). When you change it, you might want to check the box at bottom to set it for all hta's. If you don't want to set it foor hta's you will need to repeat this process for all of the hta files in that Game folder.

Thanks
rick

Attachments
fileassociation.jpg
fileassociation.jpg (132.88 KiB) Viewed 237 times
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

what if im not showing microsoft html application host?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

what if im not showing microsoft html application host?

In the screenshot above, where it shows "Open with: Microsoft(R) HTML Ap..." press the button labeled: "Change..." and on the next screen select Microsoft(R) HTML Application Host. I'm doing this with Win 7, so if you aren't using Win 7 it might look different, I don't recall how it looks in Win XP.

Thanks
Rick
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Looks the same on XP. Don't press the shift key when you want a 7.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Looks the same on XP. Don't press the shift key when you want a 7.

that's a good tip. lol

Edited my original post - thanks!
Rick
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

when i click change...microsoft html host is not listed at all...i dont think i have the program
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

It is possible that when you installed the game, the required .Net 4 did not install.
RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

it did...it installed...where can i get a copy of the microsoft html application?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Don't know, I've never had to install it.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

RJL5188

Post by RJL5188 »

thanks a lot...got it running...great game...thats another reason why i like matrixgames...the COMMUNITY!!!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Glad to hear that. Enjoy!
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

thanks a lot...got it running...great game...thats another reason why i like matrixgames...the COMMUNITY!!!

good to hear!

Thanks
rick

Return to “Tech Support”