New Units - Mass Confusion

Share advice on strategies and tactics here.

Moderator: Gil R.

Lanconic

New Units - Mass Confusion

Post by Lanconic »

Ok we have three different ways to gain new units.
But muster seems to really hurt the men
So the only way to get new units is to build them in the areas that
you anticipate getting overun?

This is really confusing
The way of all flesh
Matrixation

RE: New Units - Mass Confusion

Post by Matrixation »

i agree muster conscript etc dont work that well and cause far to many governor penalties
terje439

RE: New Units - Mass Confusion

Post by terje439 »

Muster is ok as long as you do so in a state where the Gov supports muster (if playing with governors).
Conscript is something I never do.
Building units will get you the best unit in terms of morale, but unless the other two, it is not free of charge.

But why would you build units in areas that you expect to be overrun? I tend to produce units in one or two cities (as the CSA), usually Richmond and New Orleans, I then try to build buildings in these cities that do not steal population (aka camps) and try to build buildings that increases the morale of units built there, or shortens build time for the units.

But there is also a fourth way to increase the size of your armies when you start the game. You have ALOT of garrison troops around the map, look at these and try to figure out which ones you are not going to need and pull them into your armies. Sure, they are low morale, but if I play the AI and detailed battles, most of them will be at around 5 in morale after 12-18 months.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “The War Room”