Danish Anyone? 1792 Denmark

Post here to seek opponents for multiplayer match-ups.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

evwalt

RE: Danish Anyone? 1792 Denmark

Post by evwalt »

Hummmm. Mod only shows it was download 6 times. Someone still needs to get it... [&:]
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
Dab

Post by Dab »

Ok, I received an email from Guctony with only the file with extension *.sve in it.

I need the file with extension *.rep also.

I also got email from the Ottoman player with both files. Not sure if he got both files from France and I didn't, or if he started a new PBEM???

If anyone has the second file from France, shoot it over to me please.

Full instructions are on page 190 of the manual.
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

i hope i didnt start a new pbem :D i think i loaded french save and did my turn - and i dont have french replay file either
=His Majesty Selim III of the house of Osman, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire=
Dab

Post by Dab »

Hmm, let me read the instructions again. :)

From the manual:

When the first player clicks on the “End Turn” button a pair of files will be created in the PBEM folder that will have his country’s abbreviation and the word “Done” added to the name given to the PBEM game. For example, if the first player is playing France and he named the game “Standard-Campaign” the files will be called “Standard-Campaign_Turn000_1FraDone.sve” and “Standard-Campaign_Turn000_1FraDone.rep.” These files should then be e-mailed to all of the players, each of whom will need these files to take his turn. (Note: Using file compression, such as .zip or .rar, on these files before e-mailing them is highly recommended.)

So as I read it France should have generated 2 files after his turn was done and sent both files to all players.

Then all players hit load PBEM using the files France sent and they in turn will generate 2 files when their turn is done, which are sent to me and I 'combine PBEM' and take my turn and then send both files to every player. After turn 1, everyone takes their turn and emails both files generated to me then I take my turn and send the files back to everyone.

Unless the manual is wrong - which is definitely possible, or I'm reading it wrong.
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Dab--

I believe you are correct. I have emailed and PM'ed France but we may be out of luck for awhile.

For the Turks, my recommendation would be to scrap his stuff (sorry deadmeat) until we can get a new email from France.

Urggggg. Someone still hasn't downloaded the mod (6 downloads--need 7). I would imagine you wouldn't be able to merge the files if we don't all have the same scenerio.
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

Told you this was more difficult then Textiles! I downloaded the file for sure so count that as one.
Dab

Post by Dab »

As in real war - logistics are a bitch.

I definitely downloaded the mod and played as Denmark for a few turns to check it out.
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

To clarify, i did it properly - my turn is fine :D
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

I am the guilty party. I was going to download it once I received the turn files. If the turn files HAVE been sent - granted with only one attached - I did NOT receive them...

Image courtesy of Divepac
Dab

Post by Dab »

ORIGINAL: deadmeat1471

To clarify, i did it properly - my turn is fine :D

If you didn't have both files from Guctony, I don't think it will work.
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

i thought the replay file was simply the replay? i had no replay just the game file, from which i did my turn.
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Yeeeeeh, figured out who was short the mod!

Don't worry, just go download it per instructions. Aprezto, you also need to go to the 1792 Denmark All Generals (Danish anyone?) thread and make an "empty" post for updating your turns later.

Everyone else---
How many files were we supposed to receive from France? I only got 1 (a .sve) approx 1 meg. Did Deadmeat get 2 files? Are we not supposed to get a (.rep) file? I thought the directions said we were.

I would guess Deadmeat started a new game from HIS player point (meaning all the players before him are computers)--assuming I am reading the directions right.

UGGGH. [:@] Well, we only have to figure it out once.
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

Im pretty sure i did it rigfht, but for the sake of easy resolution ill redo my turn once the frenchie gives us both files :D
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

DOwnloaded and implemented new mod.

I didn't receive a file on the first email attempt...

evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Aprezto,

Don't worry about it now, France didn't send out all the files. I checked the email I got, and the email address for you matched the one at the beginning of the other thread. Go over there and make sure I didn't mess it up.

I'll also be sure to forward the files to you as soon as I get them from France (probably tomorrow for those of us in the states).

Did you get a test email from Russia? He also used the same address. Could a filter be preventing you from getting it (I read on another thread someone had that problem)?

Hopefully, we will get over these growing pains quick and be moving by tomorrow!
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

Email address is wrong - should have two 'h' s

awhhill AT gmail DOT com

evwalt

Post by evwalt »

email corrected
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

To EVERYONE

We appear to be up and running. Everyone PLEASE check the email addresses at the top of the game thread to make sure they are correct. I already found one mistake I made in transferring the info. [8|]

To that end, I know Prussia and England did NOT receive the turns sent out by France (both have received now from other players). Since I messed up the emails, PLEASE everyone make sure any email list you have has been updated also!

Prussia has made the final "empty post" entry on the game thread. If possible, let's keep track of your availabiliy, etc. on your first post. Everyone now feel free to make any game other game statements/announcement on that thread through normal posting! [:)]

It may have seem to have taken forever, but it was LESS than a week ago when I posted the thread asking for a new game. Great job everyone! [&o]

Now, away we go!!!! [:D]
MorningDew

Post by MorningDew »

Can someone PM me the e-mail where we should send turns?
Rugens

Post by Rugens »

Sent France and Spain's email to you.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey

Return to “Opponents Wanted”