1796 mod

Share your game mods and discuss modding with other players here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Russian Guard

1796 mod

Post by Russian Guard »

This contains all the Generals modded in from 1796 onward. Check the readme file, as there are notes as to what other changes were made to various game files to make this work. Again, no major changes, but some you should be aware of.

This is the complete game file folder. Save this zip file wherever, and then open it and save the folder in your Scenarios folder, where your other scenarios are. It will then be available as a playable scenario when you start your game (and not require you to mess with the standard 1796 scenario).

Attachments
1796_Grand..mpaign_S.zip
(44.69 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
DaveP

RE: 1796 mod

Post by DaveP »

RG,

Thanks for this, but there is a small problem.  The readme talks about a file called aiupgrades.txt, but there is no such file in the zip.  There are also two COG2attitude files.  Should we delete one of these?

Thanks,
Dave
Russian Guard

Post by Russian Guard »

ORIGINAL: DaveP

RG,

Thanks for this, but there is a small problem.  The readme talks about a file called aiupgrades.txt, but there is no such file in the zip.  There are also two COG2attitude files.  Should we delete one of these?

Thanks,
Dave

As they would say in the new Battlestar:Galactica..."Godsdammit!"

The extra COG2Attitude file is also in the standard scenario file. I meant to delete it, as I noticed it was a mis-spelled file anyway, but forgot. The AIUpgrades file was left out because I made a mistake. Hrrrmmph.

Here is the Campaign again, with the extra Attitude file removed and the AIUgrades file included. Sorry guys.

Attachments
1796_Grand..mpaign_S.zip
(44.25 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Russian Guard

Post by Russian Guard »

Oh by the way the first scenario plays absolutely fine, the extra (mis-spelled) Attitudes file isn't used, and the missing AIUgrades file just means that the AI won't buy the Upgrades in the same order as the file intends, but otherwaise plays just fine.

Russian Guard

Post by Russian Guard »

Just a note to say that I have adapted the General ratings for Uvarov as they appear in the Official 1812 scenario, except that Uvarov starts as a 1-star.

I have also moved his turn of entry up 4 months (subtract 4 from hs entry turn number).

For any who want to modify their copies of this mod.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”