Replacements question

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Chicharito19

Replacements question

Post by Chicharito19 »

Hi,

I just bought COTD and can't figure out replacements. I move my units next to the LOC and click View Units. But I don't see any check boxes to enable replacements. The Mose I can do is click on a unit which highlights it in orange. But no check boxes.

What am I doing wrong?

Michael
Rasputitsa

RE: Replacements question

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

Hi,

I just bought COTD and can't figure out replacements. I move my units next to the LOC and click View Units. But I don't see any check boxes to enable replacements. The Mose I can do is click on a unit which highlights it in orange. But no check boxes.

What am I doing wrong?

Michael

I think the game has changed with this updated version and the checker boxes referred to in the manual do not exist any more.

Now when you select a unit on the map, there is a button on the info panel to allocate replacements :

In this image, having selected the 'Saint Julian' unit, the info box shows that the unit has an actual strength of 23, but could be 24 at full strength (indicated by 23/24).

Available Replacements are shown as 3, the number of replacements is repeated in the Army Commander info box.

If the unit is eligible to receive replacements, then the 'Add Replacements' button will light up and you can allocate replacements to that unit, each time you hit the button it adds 1 replacement point to the selected unit. (Caution : the number of replacements left in the pool does not update until you close the panel and move to another unit)

In this image the 'Add Replacements' button is greyed out as the unit is not eligible, this is probably because the unit is too far away from the Operations Centre.

Manual Quote:

I decided that if the divisions of a corps were within a few hexes of the Ops Center then they were able to take on replacements.

Replacements are not activated through the 'View Units' panel, but from the individual Unit info box, but only when they are eligible.
Attachments
CotD.jpg
CotD.jpg (130.36 KiB) Viewed 325 times
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Here I have moved 'Saint Julian' back to KLATTAU, which is 5 hexes from the Operations Centre at PILSEN, the 'Add Replacements' button lit up and I was able to restore the unit to full strength (24/24). The distance from the Operations Centre to be able to add replacements might vary, but I have seen up to 7 hexes.

The 'Add Replacements' button has gone grey again, as this unit is no longer eligible for replacements as it is now at full strength. There are now 4 replacements available as, although 1 has been used, more replacements have arrived this turn.

This shows how important it is to select the right town as your Operations Centre, it needs to be close to your area of operations, but not so close that it is endangered. Be prepared to move your Operations Centre and Hospital as the fighting moves, or the strategy changes.

You can see which town has been designated at the Operations Centre and change to another town in the Army Commander info box, when you select the Army Commander (e.g. Napoleon).

Before you allocate replacements, look how many stragglers there are, 'Saint Julian' shows 1 straggler point and could have come back into full strength, by itself, when the stragglers return and the replacements might be better used in other units.

The stock game unit counters show stragglers in a red box and sometimes uses red text to show the number of stragglers in a unit, which is 'red on red', e.g. invisible. You need to use Chemkid's counter mod, shown in these images, to always be able to see the stragglers. [:)]
Attachments
CotD2.jpg
CotD2.jpg (120.02 KiB) Viewed 324 times

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Chicharito19

Post by Chicharito19 »

Rasputitsa,

I appreciate your answer. I did find the change not long after posting my original message. Still your response included more details that will help me learn this game.

I also see that you pulled up the Saint Julian unit. Haha[8D][8D][8D] Pretty cool to see. Thanx again.

May I ask one more question? It appears that the units and corps can only travel on roads? Am I correct.

Michael St.Julien (aka Chicharito19)
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: Chicharito19

Rasputitsa,

I appreciate your answer. I did find the change not long after posting my original message. Still your response included more details that will help me learn this game.

I also see that you pulled up the Saint Julian unit. Haha[8D][8D][8D] Pretty cool to see. Thanx again.

May I ask one more question? It appears that the units and corps can only travel on roads? Am I correct.

Michael St.Julien (aka Chicharito19)

Yes, all movement is on the roads. The weather will affect movement, after several turns of rain.

The 'Saint Julian' didn't really need any replacements, but it is nice to have your own division.[:)]

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube Support”