Keyboard shortcut

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
TomBombadil711

Keyboard shortcut

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Just bought this game and am wondering how I could have missed it over the years. Never had a closer look but am very happy to have picked it up now.

One question: Is there any keyboard shortcut for "next unit"? Or to zoom the map in and out?

Thanks in advance. I hope to try PBEM soon.

Tom
Rasputitsa

RE: Keyboard shortcut

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: TomBombadil711

Just bought this game and am wondering how I could have missed it over the years. Never had a closer look but am very happy to have picked it up now.

One question: Is there any keyboard shortcut for "next unit"?

Thanks in advance. I hope to try PBEM soon.

Tom
I don't believe there is, but you are only dealing with a handful of commander units and maybe a few detached divisions, not too much to sift through, perhaps more useful is the 'Find' button, in the button set on the left hand side of the screen. Sometimes it is difficult to find units in a stack, or if they have gone off on their own way, although the hex highlight is hard to see, when a hex is filled with a big stack.

Main thing is you are not giving orders to all the units, mainly the corps command units only, they do the work for you.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

Hi TomBomBadil711

Welcome to the COTD experience, one of the few true games that really gives you the feeling of being CinC.

There isnt a hotkey for next unit, but what you can do is go to the "Find"icon on the left and select "Corp" then work your orders to the Generals that way. Look upon it as administration duties [;)]

Enjoy COTD.

PS. Since the latest patch there is a "H" hotkey to turn the hex`s on and off.
Also I recommend Chemkids Map and counter mod which you can find above under "Mods"
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

TomBombadil711

Post by TomBombadil711 »

Thanks for your replies. "H" hotkey already in use and map/counter mod installed. [:)]

So I guess no map zoom hotkey?
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

ORIGINAL: TomBombadil711

Thanks for your replies. "H" hotkey already in use and map/counter mod installed. [:)]

So I guess no map zoom hotkey?

No. But if you hold down the right mouse button whilst clicking on the map you can move around easy that way.
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”