Can Not Open Game

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.
Bad Bob

Can Not Open Game

Post by Bad Bob »

I have just installed Wars of Succession, and I can not get the game to open. I select new game, then scenario, then leader, and then I click on play. All that happens is a game hint appears. That's it. I have tried opening all the scenarios. I have also downloaded the patch but still get the same result. I am running Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
zakblood

RE: Can Not Open Game

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum, if it's the standalone game and not the steam version, did you install the game as admin? and run the game as admin

did you see this screen?

just click change settings and alter it to suit your desktop, if that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall, running the game installer as admin, and then run the game as admin. eg right click run as admin, or alter the shortcut to always run as admin etc
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (175.67 KiB) Viewed 394 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Bad Bob

Post by Bad Bob »

I am computer challenged and don't really understand how to run programs in admin. I do have a friend, however, who is a systems guy in a large financial institution. He came over Sunday, saw your response to my forum post and had it up and working in five minutes. He then set it to always work in admin. I have had both grand campaigns open today. I must say I think the game has beautiful maps and am looking forward to playing it. I really appreciate your help.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no problem and glad your up and running and sorted
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Wars of Succession: Tech Support”