Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse II The Sequel

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

joshuamnave

RE: Bob Flemin's MWIF AARse II The Sequel

Post by joshuamnave »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

Thanks for the info.

Regarding this bit....
ORIGINAL: Orm

1) You can replace aircraft if you want. This, however, often removes the carrier from action for a while or you need to transport the replacement aircraft to the carrier and that is not popular either. So many players often delay with this.

Not sure what you mean by "replace" Is it that:

a) you can't actually "upgrade" a unit - you just have to buy the new model to replace the old model - and presumably disband/destroy the older model in the process.

or

b) The air unit does upgrade but the carrier is out of action as well - and is the out of action bit because of the upgrade or just because there may not be another CV air unit available.

or

c) something else

Thanks again

will post any future questions in the general forum as i'm getting a bit off topic for this AAR

Your question about upgrading air units has been answered, but I do want to add one small detail. The CVP's do upgrade each year in the sense that they get "smaller" and a unit that needs a class 2 carrier in 1939 might be able to fit on a class 1 carrier in 1940, etc... Carriers can also hold 2 air wings, so long as the combined air class is equal or lower to the CV's class. This means another way to upgrade the units on your CV's is to fly CVP's from their current CV to a CV with a lower class at the start of the new year, or combine the air wings of 2 cv's onto the deck of just 1. Both will allow you to put a new CVP on the recently vacated CV. But the CVP still has to get to it, so it either has to be in port within range of the new CVP (which can only be placed in home county cities) or transported to it by transport, as discussed above.
Head Geek in Charge at politigeek.net - the intersection of politics and all things geeky
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Thank-you sir [:)] How is Devon? Wet and windy I'll wager.

pic from my window - luckily a top floor flat, its all sea water that came over the sea wall

Warspite1

Is that Exmouth?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

Is that Exmouth?

the pic is indeed of sunny exmouth - good spot
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

ORIGINAL: Zartacla
Your question about upgrading air units has been answered, but I do want to add one small detail. The CVP's do upgrade each year in the sense that they get "smaller" and a unit that needs a class 2 carrier in 1939 might be able to fit on a class 1 carrier in 1940, etc... Carriers can also hold 2 air wings, so long as the combined air class is equal or lower to the CV's class. This means another way to upgrade the units on your CV's is to fly CVP's from their current CV to a CV with a lower class at the start of the new year, or combine the air wings of 2 cv's onto the deck of just 1. Both will allow you to put a new CVP on the recently vacated CV. But the CVP still has to get to it, so it either has to be in port within range of the new CVP (which can only be placed in home county cities) or transported to it by transport, as discussed above.

thanks zartacla
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Is that Exmouth?

the pic is indeed of sunny exmouth - good spot
warspite1

I spent many a childhood family holiday in Exmouth. Mrs Wookey's guest house - Sholton - in Morton Road. Great times - especially the hot summer of 1976 [:)]. Never seen Exmouth looking like that...[:(]

sanderz

Post by sanderz »

I spent many a childhood family holiday in Exmouth. Mrs Wookey's guest house - Sholton - in Morton Road. Great times - especially the hot summer of 1976 [:)]. Never seen Exmouth looking like that...[:(]

1976, that takes me back, i think it was about then i moved up to Exeter and started my first job

Sholton - if its the one i'm thinking off its gone now - sold up recently and its now flats

was a real old school place and the lady was your typical (nice) landlady - when i first moved in to my first flat (right next door) she told me off for leaving my bin bags out where the seagulls could wreck them :)

i have even been in the place to show people around when she was trying to sell (i worked part time for an estate agent), it was surprising how many rooms she fit in

its a small world

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

1976, that takes me back, i think it was about then i moved up to Exeter and started my first job

Sholton - if its the one i'm thinking off its gone now - sold up recently and its now flats

was a real old school place and the lady was your typical (nice) landlady - when i first moved in to my first flat (right next door) she told me off for leaving my bin bags out where the seagulls could wreck them :)

i have even been in the place to show people around when she was trying to sell (i worked part time for an estate agent), it was surprising how many rooms she fit in

its a small world

warspite1

Wow - small world indeed [:)]. Yes she was a really lovely lady. Real salt of the earth character, her husband was ex-Royal Marine iirc and she had a son in the Royal Navy. Funnily enough my sister and I took our respective family's back there a couple of years ago - a kind of nostalgia thing and to show our children how their parents holidayed when they were young - no foreign holidays for us!

Different owners of course but the place had barely changed - just like Exmouth in fact!

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Okay so far so good. I have repeated all the same dice throws and I now have one aborted bomber landed, and the four remaining fly to the target.

This time the Axis only get two AA throws instead of four. I do not know the rules on this so I will assume this is right for now.

A Swordfish is destroyed and the Dauntless loses 3 bomb points.

The CW get two throws, damaging Andrea Doria and sinking the light cruiser Diaz.

I land the aircraft.

Right I will read up on the rules at the weekend and check that the dice rolls for AA and attack were correct.

BUT GOOD NEWS - PORT STRIKE APPEARS TO BE WORKING - HUSSAH!!!
warspite1

Right, having read the rules it looks like a bug. The Italians should have had four throws for AA.

Oh well, I'll keep going - just got to remember what was going on in the game [&:]

Return to “After Action Report”