Air Rebase range bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Air Rebase range bug

Post by Courtenay »

I am trying to fly a range 9 Italian float plane from Sicily to La Rochelle and MWiF won't let me do it. The route is exactly 27 hexes long, with all hexes being over either Axis controlled land hexes or the unoccupied Italian Coast sea area.
AirRebaseBug2.jpg
AirRebaseBug2.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 182 times
Looking further, MWiF will let me fly to Rouen, 25 hexes distant, but not Le Havre, 26 hexes distant. Where are there two hexes that the Italians can't fly over (not counting Sicily or Vichy, which are of course barred)?

(Picture was edited to show plane both at start and end of its move.)
Attachments
AirRebaseBug2.zip
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Angeldust2

Re: Air Rebase range bug

Post by Angeldust2 »

It is a known and reported bug, that where are cases in MWIF, if the most direct route for movement of air units, especially with their regular (printed) range modified, is blocked for example by one enemy controlled hex, MWIF will not allow such move, even if a small detour over own controlled hexes would still be within range. It seems, the pathfinding logic in such cases checks only for one possible route, the most direct one in hexes.
Only solution so far: If opponent player confirm legality of such move, edit the game file accordingly.
Courtenay

Re: Air Rebase range bug

Post by Courtenay »

I see, thank you. It is surprising that it lets me fly to Rouen, then.
I thought I knew how to play this game....

Return to “Tech Support”