Update Scenario

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

CHINCHIN

Re: Update Scenario

Post by CHINCHIN »

I'm playing the 1939 scenario and it works.
URSS.jpg
URSS.jpg (154.42 KiB) Viewed 307 times
My native language is Spanish, and no English language mastery, sorry.
mssm45

Post by mssm45 »

Hello,

I started a new 1939 campaign against the AI a few days ago, but unfortunatly I was not aware of this issue.

It seems to me that this change is quite significant and important for the game balance.

I have spent quite a few hours on my current game.
Is it lost or is there a way to update an on going game?

Why an official patch has not been released yet to fix this important issue?
AKA Belgavox
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Can't update the save game.

I just recently released a patch thus why no new patch. It is quite a bit of effort to release a patch. So I do this about twice a year now. The game is 5 years old. Most devs don't even patch this far out.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
mssm45

Post by mssm45 »

And it's also for the players a time consuming "effort" to play a campaign.

How is it possible that such kind of problems happen with such a mature game (5 years old)?

There are a lot of good things in this game, but finding in the middle of a campaign that some basic unit values are not correct is very disapointing.
AKA Belgavox
AlvaroSousa

Post by AlvaroSousa »

Yes, it takes time for players to play games and see where imbalances are.

It also takes a lot of time for developers to adjust, test, read AARs, and code. I have to take into consideration the skill difference of the players as well that are complaining. Is is a flaw in the scenario or a difference of skill? I don't have the player pool that a game like Hearts of Iron does to average out the factors.
Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3
mssm45

Post by mssm45 »

So my conclusion is that, 5 years after the game was released, the Eastern front part of the game is not yet fine tuned and balanced.

After playing Strategic Command, I believe that there are very good ideas driving this game, but the effort needed to complete it was above the available resources.
AKA Belgavox
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

mssm45 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:28 pm So my conclusion is that, 5 years after the game was released, the Eastern front part of the game is not yet fine tuned and balanced.

After playing Strategic Command, I believe that there are very good ideas driving this game, but the effort needed to complete it was above the available resources.
Well, this is your conclusion. Mine is that the game is doing quite well now and that ONLY A SKILLED AXIS PLAYER can beat my Red Army. If you are not convinced about this, I offer you a PBEM game where I am taking the Allies and you are taking the Axis. :D
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
CHINCHIN

Post by CHINCHIN »

That's the good thing about this game, that 5 years later it is still being reviewed and updated.

I agree with ncc1701e, now it is easier for the Russians to resist.
My native language is Spanish, and no English language mastery, sorry.

Return to “WarPlan”