AMPHIB LOADING NAURU AND OCEAN ISLAND

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rekm41

AMPHIB LOADING NAURU AND OCEAN ISLAND

Post by Rekm41 »

I have amphib TF's at both trying to evac the troops there but cannot as they have to be docked it is telling me? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
Platoonist

RE: AMPHIB LOADING NAURU AND OCEAN ISLAND

Post by Platoonist »

Both of the small engineer detachments at those locations at game start are in the restricted Australian Command. You'd have to pay preparation points to switch them to an unrestricted command first to load them. Of course, I'm assuming those are the units you are trying to load.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

It's not worth the time and effort. Not to mention the political points you have to expend to save them. There's more important units around to use them on....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

Are you trying to use the APs Hugh L. Scott and President Coolidge to make the pick-up?
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Get air support to Baker, PBYs to both Baker and Canton Island, buy out the units, fly out what you can but the guns are left behind. This way, no large and very useful ships are target practice for the Japanese. You can relocate the units by ship later if you want to.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

Both of the small engineer detachments at those locations at game start are in the restricted Australian Command. You'd have to pay preparation points to switch them to an unrestricted command first to load them. Of course, I'm assuming those are the units you are trying to load.
Make that Political Points ... Prep points are for fighting battles and invading islands. [:)]

Another thing to look at is what Mode the units are in. In Strategic Mode they can only be picked up by a docked ship in a Transport TF. In Combat mode they can be picked up by an undocked Amphib TF.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: Rekm41

I have amphib TF's at both trying to evac the troops there but cannot as they have to be docked it is telling me? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

In order to load troops you need to dock a TF. Seems your TF is too big to dock either at Nauru or Ocean Isl.
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

Screen shots help
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Thanks

In order to load troops you need to dock a TF. Seems your TF is too big to dock either at Nauru or Ocean Isl.

Amphib TFs don't need to dock. They load troops over the beaches.

Losses will often be incurred when loading anphib TFs at small or non-port locations.

I just retook Johnston Island with a Division and a Marine Defense Battalion. After it fell, I started reloading the Division. For several turns I have received messages of losses while loading. This is common.

The advice to use seaplanes to evacuate the light components is the best given. After the heavy components left are destroyed they can be replaced in the relocated parent unit. This technique, of saving a fragment to rebuild around, avoiding paying PPs to rebuild a fully destroyed unit, is quite common among experienced players. Evacuating as much as you can, not just a small fragment, minimizes the amount you have to replace later.

I use this technique also for getting forces to islands under enemy air cover. I'll get engineers there via fast transport. As soon as an airbase is built, I will airlift in the light components of a base force. Heavy components can be brought in later after air cover is established. Don't be afraid of fragmenting units to accomplish your ends.
Hans

Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

The Dunkirk effect. Get your men out and leave your "stuff" behind
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Rekm41

Post by Rekm41 »

Thanks all for the feedback. Stupid me forgot to pay the PP to move them.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Thanks all for the feedback. Stupid me forgot to pay the PP to move them.
Not stupid - just climbing the learning curve of this massive game.[:)]

Love the Highlanders badge - are/were you a member?
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Rekm41

Post by Rekm41 »

Yes I was way back in the day. Almost 40 years ago now. Time flies doesn't it!

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”