Graf Zeppelin stornieren

HvMoltke

Graf Zeppelin stornieren

Post by HvMoltke »

I first time play strategic command as axis. I think it was one of the major mistaks for Germany to build the Graf Zeppelin and also Bismark and Tirpitz.
The IJN is also havin ships they dont`t need for the war coming
There were some much more effective naval units with more punch. How can I get rid of them.
Can anybody tell me an easy way to do so
Platoonist

Re: Graf Zeppelin stornieren

Post by Platoonist »

HvMoltke wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:00 am Can anybody tell me an easy way to do so
You don't have to build the Graf Zeppelin. It's a decision event which occurs in January 1940. Just say no and you'll save yourself 200 MPP at 25 MPP a turn for 8 turns.

The Bismarck and Tirpitz and other Axis ships you are stuck with receiving as they are considered reinforcements under construction when the 1939 game starts, and you can't disband naval units. However, their construction which began pre-war is considered to have been paid for already and they aren't costing you anything.

However, if you want to mod a scenario without them in the game editor just go to campaign--->edit country data (Germany)--->edit production queue--->select country (Germany)---> select whatever ship in the reinforcement queue and remove them.
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

For some dumb reason, I always buy the German Carrier. I get false visions of it actually doing something. It might intercept some Russian Tactical bomber into Finland waterway (not like it really matters). Eventually, the German Carrier will get brave, made take a pot shot at a British sub. Or get really brave and sail to Artic Circle. Either way, it does nothing and gets waxed by LR Maritime Bombers.

The Italian Carrier is even a dumber buy. Better off to buy a Ham sandwich. It's like a life raft from Gilligan's Islands. You won't get outta the lagoon with sinking.
Therefore, you get the "Patton Slap!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: Served: 1
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

ElvisJJonesRambo wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 4:32 pm You won't get outta the lagoon with sinking.
That's the Graf Zeppelin's problem too. I've always thought it might be useful out in the deep South Atlantic Ocean raiding Allied convoy lines from a distance. But getting it intact out of the Baltic past the Allied cordon in the North Sea waiting to pound it into der Graf Hindenburger? Forget it. Maybe it's easier in the War in Europe game where you have a few more sea hexes to slip through.

Return to “MODS and Scenarios”