1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign [Dropbox download available]

W4lth3r

1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign [Dropbox download available]

Post by W4lth3r »

Hello!

After giving up my first ahistorical Italo-Ethiopian War 1.5 attempt over one year ago, I have now created an actual 1895 Italian invasion of Abyssinia campaign. I learned more about scripting and all that fun stuff and have created a mini-campaign that walks along the historical lines but makes some changes for gameplay reasons.

You can find the mod in this dropbox folder for download:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pq6iieqp2zx ... M5w0a?dl=0

On one side there is Italy in Eritrea and Italian Somalia, with a strong economy and heavy weapons. On the other side you have Ethiopia (Bolivia in the game since there is no Ethiopia and the flags are at least similar) with many local defenders and partisan support. Additionaly, Russia keeps up good relations with Ethiopia and sends economic support plus some troops. France and the UK are also present in the area and will intervene if they feel that the Italians make too much progress and could threaten Djibouti and British Somalia. Finally, Germany has leased a Somalian island from Italy and may participate in the fight if Italy makes significant progress in Ethiopia.

The campaign runs from 01. Jan 1895 to 31. Oct 1896. 5 days per turn. Veteran difficulty recommended.

Screenshot of the campaign map attached.
Attachments
Map Screenshot.png
Map Screenshot.png (522.11 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
Last edited by W4lth3r on Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
W4lth3r

Re: 1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign

Post by W4lth3r »

By the way, I changed some combat mechanics. Compared to vanilla, Artillery deals more damage plus reduces morale stronger instead of de-trenching for example. For 1895 I wanted a different feel of the combat than 1914.
W4lth3r

Re: 1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign

Post by W4lth3r »

If someone is interested in adding some flavour in form of events, decisions or images for notifications, please let me know.
I have limited this part (especially decisions) due to time restrictions.
BillRunacre

Re: 1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign [Dropbox download available]

Post by BillRunacre »

Looks interesting, and I hope it does get completed so everyone can play it!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
W4lth3r

Re: 1895 Italian Invasion of Abyssinia - mini campaign [Dropbox download available]

Post by W4lth3r »

I mean it is playable. And the download is available.
You can imagine it like a fresh Paradox game without the DLCs :) (not Imperator Rome though, more like CK3)

Development from my side is halted now as I started a new job that is VERY time intensive.
lrssrl

Post by lrssrl »

Hi everyone,

fantastic Job! though I've got a problem. I can play the game and saving it. However, when i want to load it, i receive a message like "couldn't find a directory1995 Italian etct etc."

Can you please help me? I have a Steam version

Regards

:P

Return to “MODS and Scenarios”