How to use "Expel Population" correctly?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

Comcikda

How to use "Expel Population" correctly?

Post by Comcikda »

I couldn't find any explanation in the manual. Like if there is 1000 pop need to expel then how many troop do I need?
Voker57

Re: How to use "Expel Population" correctly?

Post by Voker57 »

There is no way that I know to find out how many people you are going to be facing, that's either random or a hidden counter. So, approximate based on the total population, no idea what's the ratio between police force and protesters, either...
Daza99

Post by Daza99 »

At what point would you want to expel population? I never understood why you would need to.
czert2

Post by czert2 »

jup, there is never reason to expell population, unless you have troubles feeding them, but in that case you can easily build new farms or expand them, or improve water income. you should have enough ppl to work there, so problem solved.

if you cant feed ppl and lack workforce, then you should look for a way to increase population, not to decrease it. with some priority to work mainly in food sources.
Voker57

Post by Voker57 »

Daza99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:26 pm At what point would you want to expel population? I never understood why you would need to.
It's a great stratagem to quickly decrease unrest. Not much population gets expelled anyway, usually it's 1-2k, and the unrest loss is worth it.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Voker57 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm
Daza99 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:26 pm At what point would you want to expel population? I never understood why you would need to.
It's a great stratagem to quickly decrease unrest. Not much population gets expelled anyway, usually it's 1-2k, and the unrest loss is worth it.
Does the lost pop go back to free folk or are they gone forever?
Voker57

Post by Voker57 »

Moat_Man wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:12 pm
Voker57 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm
Does the lost pop go back to free folk or are they gone forever?
They go to free folks, some population can also be killed during the operation.

Return to “Shadow Empire”