wawgoldai text file?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

pzgndr

wawgoldai text file?

Post by pzgndr »

Has anyone modded this AI file, perhaps for optimized performance in either the Axis Blitz or Arsenal of Democracy scenarios? I am an occassional player of this game, prefering to let the computer handle production when I do play. So when playing as WA for example, I notice when CAG replacements are not being built in 1941, and when airborne is not being built at all, etc. I'm not asking for an AI debate here, but I'd appreciate some insights regarding what can and cannot be tweaked in the current game files to improve things.

So a few questions for anyone who knows:
1) This is the only editable AI text file for ALL scenarios, a one-size-fits-all script? Having some scenario-specific parameters would have been nice.
2) I note that China has no AI_BUILD,PLAYER_CHI scripting, and yet the computer will build units for China. If this is not coming from the wawgoldai.txt file, then where is computer-controlled production getting its guidance from?
3) The manual provides no guidance for modifying wawgoldai.txt, however the file itself does have some cryptic explanations. But what does [strategy range 0=any or fftt] mean? Any insights from anyone who has modded this file about how to edit these and other lines?

Thanks.
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Lebatron

RE: wawgoldai text file?

Post by Lebatron »

For the WAW mod Franco's Alliance, I spent considerable time tweaking the AI file. I replaced lots of build preferences with my own to make the AI build smarter. Unfortunately for AWD, Gary hard coded the AI(easier for him that way) and the file you refer to really does not do anything as far as I can tell. The Vichy file is also a leftover from WAW that also does nothing. You might as well give up this pursuit.

Since your a vet player of SC, I find it odd that you don't control your own build que. It not like your put off by the complexity...

You really out to give PBEM a try with us. The fast pace and short game length make it ideal to play this way.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Interesting.  The AI file doesn't do anything?  So much for that I guess.  Thanks.

It's not that I'm put off by the complexity of the game, I just don't have the time to get into it.  When I do fire it up, it's for a quick game. 
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
rclawson007

Post by rclawson007 »

That may have been true in the previous versions, but the ai file most definitely effects the build behavior of the V1.020 AI. Germany doesn't do to well if you limit number of mechanized units to three. Anyway, I came on here looking for help understanding the reference to the "strategy range" parameter shown in the build control section. It has format of "fftt" and I can not think of a logical meaning for the values shown where used. Any help with interpretation is appreciated.

Thanks...

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”